Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:45:37 -0600

098 
FZPN40 PHFO 192245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN DEC 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 21N179E 997 MB MOVING SSE SLOWLY. WINDS 35 TO 50 KT WITHIN 90 
NM OF LOW CENTER. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM OF LOW 
CENTER. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT 
OF LOW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...23N178W 998 MB. 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW CENTER. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM OF LOW CENTER.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...25N175W 996 MB. 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT WITHIN 90 NM OF LOW CENTER. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 150 NM OF LOW CENTER.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 24N150W TO 26N160W TO 26N164W TO 24N177E TO 
26N170E. FRONT MOVING S 10 KT E OF 156W...AND NEARLY STATIONARY 
ELSEWHERE. NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT 
BETWEEN 150W AND 174E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF S 
OF FRONT BETWEEN 155W AND 167W...AND WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT 
BETWEEN 150W AND 179W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 23N140W TO 23N150W TO 30N174W. E WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 20N155W TO 30N167W. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT WITHIN 240 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 22N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 23N160E MOVING E 10 KT AND SLOWING. N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF FRONT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 22N160E. N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 27N171E TO 19N160E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 21N171W TO 18N161W MOVING NE 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 
150 NM N OF TROUGH...AND WITHIN 270 NM S OF TROUGH E OF 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 25N170W TO 20N158W. S WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT IN AREA FROM 16N TO 24N BETWEEN 166W AND 172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.CONVERGENCE ZONE FROM 18N169W TO 10N180W TO 07N174E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 11N TO 14N BETWEEN 170W AND 
175W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 20N171W 
TO 14N166W TO 08N179E TO 10N178E TO 20N171W.

.RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 22N148W MOVING S SLOWLY AND ERODING FROM THE 
W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 18 TO 22 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 161W AND 
178E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 30N141W TO 26N151W 
TO 25N178W TO 22N175E TO 30N170E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
LINE FROM 24N140W TO 22N179W TO 14N173E TO 14N167E TO 23N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 07N BETWEEN 150W AND 161W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 176E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM  
30N151W TO 24N152W TO 23N166W TO 20N171W TO 23N173E TO 30N170E. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 17N140W TO 16N151W TO 20N162W TO 
12N173W TO 20N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N161W TO 26N164W TO 24N165E TO 30N162E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 10N140W TO 22N160W TO 12N165W TO 10N175E TO 
18N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 06N172E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM 
OF ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.