Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:01:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 192300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/192300Z-200600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 22.6N 179.8E
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 20.1N 179.3E, APPROXIMATELY 200 NM SOUTH-
SOUTHWEST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS A WELL DEVELOPED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH
CENTRAL CONVECTION ALOFT, HOWEVER THIS SYSTEM CONTINUES TO APPEAR
SUBTROPICAL. 2130Z MTSAT-IR DEPICTS AN INFLOW OF COLD-AIR
STRATOCUMULUS FROM THE NORTH AND WEST. WATER VAPOR IMAGERY AND THE
CIMMS TOTAL PRECIPITALBE WATER PRODUCT INDICATES COOL, DRY AIR
CONTINUES TO WRAP AROUND THE WESTERN AND SOUTHERN PERIPHERY OF THE
SYSTEM. MOVEMENT IS NOW EASTERLY AT APPROXIMATELY 7 KTS AND IS
EXPECTED TO CONTINUE MOVING EAST TO NORTHEAST AROUND THE EDGE OF THE
OF THE LOW- TO MID-LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE TO THE SOUTHEAST. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 45 TO 55 KNOTS BASED ON
2030Z PGTW DVORAK INTENSITIES AND 1828Z WINDSAT PRODUCT. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 990 MB. THE SYSTEM IS
CURRENTLY ASSESSED AS SUBTROPICAL AND WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR
POSSIBLE TRANSITION INTO A TROPICAL SYSTEM. BASED ON THE ABOVE
ASSESSMENT THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPDATED POSITION AND INTENSITY IN
PARAGRAPH 1.B(1)//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.