Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 21:47:55 -0600

412 
FZPN01 KWBC 200347
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON DEC 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 46N134W 984 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 53N E OF 151W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N130W 983 MB. WITHIN 180 NM N AND 660 NM 
S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 50N133W 992 MB.
FROM 30N TO 52N E OF 142W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 157W AND 176E AREA OF E TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 160W AND 173E AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N171E 993 MB. WITHIN 540 NM N OF A 
LINE FROM 36N167E TO 35N179W TO 34N169W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N175E 1002 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM NE AND 660 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N176E 
DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N163E 1001 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N176E 998 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM OF LOW CENTER WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N161W 1007 MB. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 48N BETWEEN 178W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
57N151W TO 33N142W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 50N133W 
MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 59N AND W OF 161W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 58N W OF 161W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 170E AND 162E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 170E AND 161E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N145W 994 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN AN AREA 
BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 49N171E TO 53N172W TO 42N175E TO 
49N171E...AND FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 120W AND 124W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM OF 51N172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 42N166W 1032 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 59N178W 1021 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N168E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N127W TO 25N140W.  NW OF FRONT  NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.  N OF 27N WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT 
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N123W TO 17N140W.  N OF 28N 
WITHIN 240 NM E FRONT  SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N118W TO 15N134W TO 08N134W TO 08N140W   
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 17N140W.  LOW PRES 996 
MB N OF AREA.  N OF 26N W OF 123W  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS 10 
TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 28N115W TO 10N129W 
TO 00N120W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES AT 08N116W 1011 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT  S TO 
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 10N119W 1011 MB.  WITHIN 150 NM 
SE QUADRANT  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES DISSIPATE.  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 07N85W 1009 MB.  WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 
20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 07N85W 1009 MB.  WITHIN 180 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 07N86W 1010 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LOW PRES  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO 06 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W  
NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON DEC 20...

SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT OF LOW PRES 08N116W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM SE SEMICIRCLE OF LOW PRES 07N85W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM LOW PRES AT 08N83W 
TO 04N90W TO 11N112W TO 05N1140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.