Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 22:45:40 -0600

131 
FZPN40 PHFO 200445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON DEC 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 20N180E 997 MB MOVING SE 10 KT...WILL TURN NE 10 KT IN 6 TO 12 
HOURS. WINDS 35 TO 45 KT WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW CENTER. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW CENTER. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 270 NM NE QUADRANT OF LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 
NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW...POSSIBLE TROPICAL CYCLONE...24N177W 999 MB. 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW CENTER. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW CENTER.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST WATERS.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 23N147W TO 25N153W TO 26N170W TO 25N177E TO 
25N170E. FRONT MOVING S 10 KT E OF 147W...AND NEARLY STATIONARY 
ELSEWHERE. NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT 
BETWEEN 148W AND 173E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 
30N163W TO 22N157W TO 23N170W TO 28N178W TO 30N163W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 22N140W TO 23N156W TO 30N171W. E TO SE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 20N155W TO 30N165W. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT WITHIN 240 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 22N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 23N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 25N164E TO 23N160E. N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 27N167E TO 18N160E. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 22N171W TO 18N160W MOVING NE 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF 
TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 25N174W TO 20N158W. S WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT IN AREA FROM 17N TO 24N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.CONVERGENCE ZONE...CZ...FROM 19N169W TO 10N178W TO 06N174E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM OF CZ N OF 11N. 
SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 171W AND 
174W. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS ELSEWHERE IN AREA BOUNDED BY 
19N170W TO 15N160W TO 12N165W TO 08N178E TO 10N179E TO 19N170W.

.RIDGE FROM 22N140W TO 21N146W MOVING S SLOWLY AND ERODING FROM THE 
W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 18 TO 22 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 160W AND 
179E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 29N140W TO 25N149W 
TO 26N179E TO 23N177E TO 23N172E TO 30N170E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 24N140W TO 17N180W TO 13N168E TO 17N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 07N BETWEEN 151W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 29N 
BETWEEN 163W AND 177E. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 
25N156W TO 19N170W TO 22N169E TO 27N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF LINE FROM 16N140W TO 15N150W TO 18N165W TO 09N179W TO 19N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N163W TO 27N169W TO 23N165E TO 30N162E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 08N140W TO 22N160W TO 09N166W TO 12N168E TO 
17N160E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 06N172E TO 06N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM 
OF ITCZ.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.