Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 03:44:10 -0600

434 
FZPN01 KWBC 200943
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON DEC 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N129W 981 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 36N TO 51N E OF 150W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N129W 989 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N141W 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 157W AND 177E AREA OF E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 164W AND 171E AREA OF 
E TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N170E 989 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM NE QUADRANT...AND 540 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N174E 1004 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM NE AND 660 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 55N178W 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N166E 1000 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N178W 1005 MB. WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 56N149W 
DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 59N149W 1001 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 420 NM W QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N143W 992 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N149W 989 MB. WITHIN 840 NM W AND SW 
QUADRANTS...AND 300 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N133W 992 MB. WITHIN 780 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N129W 993 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 119W AND 136W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 62N AND W OF 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE OF A LINE 
FROM 58N165W TO 63N174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE OF A LINE 
FROM 57N162W TO 63N174W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N W OF 164W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 171E AND 162E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 168E AND 161E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 41N AND W OF 164E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 52N AND W OF 178E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 45N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 171W AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM OF 49N162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 41N165W 1032 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N163W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N155W 1022 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N171E 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 59N177W 1040 MB.

.FORECASTER NOLT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N125W TO 25N140W. NW OF FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N118W 
TO 15N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONTAL TROUGH 30N121W TO 24N130W TO 16N140W
AND COLD FRONT 30N135W TO 28N140W. NW OF COLD FRONT NW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 FT. N OF 28N WITHIN 240 NM E FRONTAL TROUGH SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 13 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N115W TO 10N140W  
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT MERGE 30N121W TO 21N129W TO 
17N140W. N OF 26N WITHIN 660 NM W OF FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 28N WITHIN 240 NM E FRONT SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 10 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 30N115W TO 10N120W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

.LOW PRES AT 07N85W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N86W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N90W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LOW PRES WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 08N118W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N119W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM 
SE QUADRANT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 09N122W TO 18N119W. CONDITIONS MERGE.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N W OF 120W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 08N W OF 120W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN SE SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON DEC 20...

.LOW PRES 07N85W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 240 NM E OF CENTER. 

.LOW PRES 08N118W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 30 NM OF 16N138W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 09N83W TO LOW PRES AT 
07N85W TO 04N90W TO LOW PRES AT 08N118W TO 05N140W. NO 
SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.