Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 04:45:46 -0600

378 
FZPN40 PHFO 201045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON DEC 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...TROPICAL STORM WARNING...
.TROPICAL STORM OMEKA NEAR 20.5N 178.7W 997 MB MOVING NE 12 KT. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 45 KT GUSTS 55 KT. WITHIN 45 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 34 KT OR GREATER AND SEAS 12 FT OR GREATER. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
AND SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL STORM OMEKA NEAR 24.9N 174.0W. MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS 35 KT GUSTS 45 KT. WITHIN 45 NM WINDS 34 KT OR 
GREATER AND SEAS 12 FT OR GREATER. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER.
.48 HOUR FORECAST REMNANT LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEE SEAS SECTION DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 27N160W TO 28N174W TO 27N177E. FRONT E OF 
150W MOVING S 10 KT AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. NE TO E WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 22N140W TO 23N150W TO 30N170W. E TO SE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 20N140W TO 22N156W TO 30N164W. E TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 25N.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 23N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 23N169E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE ROM 30N149W TO 27N140W MOVING SW 10 KT.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 24N169W TO 16N171W 
TO 10N175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 
24N168W TO 19N170W TO 13N173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 18 TO 22 FT OVER WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN 155W AND 175E. SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 25N140W TO 22N170W TO 23N170E 
TO 28N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 10N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N155W TO 
20N170W TO 20N170E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 10N 
BETWEEN 140W AND 160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 
20N170E TO 20N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
00N140W TO 00N175W TO 12N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N162W TO 15N164W TO 
08N170W TO 08N180W TO 11N180W TO 17N172W TO 26N170W TO 25N162W.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.