Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:44:19 -0600

508 
FZPN01 KWBC 202143
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON DEC 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N127W 983 MB MOVING N 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. WITHIN 900 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
AND 120 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N130W 990 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE QUADRANT 
AND WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST FROM SAN FRANCISCO BAY TO CAPE 
FLATTERY S TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. HIGHEST 
SEAS NEAR VANCOUVER ISLAND.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N131W 991 MB. WITHIN 270 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N147W 996 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N143W 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N151W 991 MB. WITHIN 600 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT S OF ALEUTIAN ISLANDS AND 10 
TO 15 FT WITHIN EASTERN BERING SEA.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N175E 1004 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NE SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW DESCRIBED 
IN NEXT GALE WARNING.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N171E 999 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N174W 1007 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NW AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED INTO LOW DESCRIBED 
ABOVE AT POSITION 55N151W 48HR.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 28N TO 36N BETWEEN 160W AND 180W WINDS E 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NEAR 31N175E 997 MB. WITHIN 480 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N170E 989 MB MERGED WITH REMNANTS OF 
TROPICAL STORM OMEKA. WITHIN 540 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 62N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 62N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N W OF 164W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 47N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 166W AND 177W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 41N165W 1032 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N167W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N151W 1020 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N173W 1041 MB. 

.FORECASTER GLAZEWSKI. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N124W TO 24N140W. NW OF LINE 30N118W TO 16N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL... HIGHEST NW 
OF FRONT
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 23N129W THEN STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 17N140W. N OF 27N W OF 128W W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 29N115W TO 10N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N118W TO 22N125W. N OF 27N W OF 
FRONT TO 128W W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 26N W OF 128W.

.LOW PRES 07N87W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 06N89W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 06N92W 1010 MB. WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LOW PRES WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 09N119W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT S WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 09N121W TO 18N119W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 48 HOUR FORECAST N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 30N S WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 10N W OF 125W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN SE SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC MON DEC 20...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 04N77W TO LOW PRES AT 
07N87W TO 05N90W TO 13N117W TO LOW PRES AT 09N119W TO 06N140W. 
NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.