Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:46:06 -0600

411 
FZPN01 KWBC 202145
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON DEC 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 20. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 21. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N129W 984 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT EXCEPT 120 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N132W 993 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N137W 982 MB. BETWEEN 540 NM AND 1440 NM 
W SEMICIRCLE WINDS N 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. WITHIN 720 
NM S SEMICIRCLE W OF 130W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N148W 991 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N146W 989 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS BY LOW DESCRIBED 
ABOVE AT 48HRS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N176E 1000 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NE SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 45N128W 993 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF COAST 
FROM SAN FRANCISCO BAY TO CAPE FLATTERY S TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. HIGHEST SEAS NEAR VANCOUVER ISLAND. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND OVER WASHINGTON AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 27N TO 37N BETWEEN 156W AND 177E WINDS E 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NEAR 33N174E 995 MB. WITHIN 480 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N168E 993 MB. WITHIN 540 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM OF 
LOW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 62N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 62N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 48N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 163W AND 173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 41N165W 1030 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N163W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N141W 1021 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 57N174W 1042 MB. 

.FORECASTER GLAZEWSKI. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N124W TO 23N140W.  N OF 28N WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT  SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 10 FT.  ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM SE OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL.  NW OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 11 TO 13 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N119W TO 20N130W THEN STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 17N140W.  N OF 27N W OF 125W  W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  
SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N116W TO 
10N100W TO 00N125W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N118W TO 22N122W.  N OF 27N W OF 
FRONT TO 125W  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 118W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 07N87W 1008 MB.  WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE  SW WINDS 
20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 06N89W 1009 MB.  WITHIN 180 NM 
SE SEMICIRCLE  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WEAK TROUGH FROM 05N95W TO 09N92W. 
WITHIN 90 NM W OF TROUGH  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.LOW PRES AT 09N119W 1010 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM SE QUADRANT  S 
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  TROUGH 09N121W TO 18N119W.  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON DEC 20...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 05N77W TO LOW PRES AT 
07N87W TO 05N90W TO 05N100W TO 12N116W TO LOW PRES AT 10N121W TO 
06N140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.