Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:39:01 -0600

843 
ATHW40 PHFO 210038
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE DEC 21 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 21 2010

AN ACTIVE WEATHER PATTERN IN THE CENTRAL PACIFIC IS BRINGING CLOUDS 
AND SHOWERS TO MUCH OF THE AREA. THE CENTER OF A BROAD LOW PRESSURE 
SYSTEM IS LOCATED 1000 MILES WEST OF KAUAI. A SURFACE HIGH PRESSURE 
HAS BEEN SHUNTED NORTH BY THE LOW AND IS CENTERED NEAR 42N 168W. A 
COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM THE EAST PACIFIC INTO THE CENTRAL PACIFIC 
OVER 23N 140W THROUGH 23N 153W. THE COLD FRONT IS BRINGING LAYERED 
CLOUDS UP TO 30 THOUSAND FEET WITHIN A 250 MILE CLOUD BAND.  

LAYERED CLOUDS EXTENDING AS HIGH AS 35 THOUSAND FEET COVERS THE AREA 
BETWEEN 20N AND 30N FROM HAWAII TO 175W. LAYERED CLOUDS ALSO EXTEND 
FROM HAWAII TO THE SOUTHWEST...OVER THE DATELINE AND 10N...WITHIN A 
350 MILE WIDE CLOUD BAND. THUNDERSTORMS EMBEDDED IN THE LAYERED 
CLOUDS ARE FORMING WITHIN THE CLOUD BAND SW OF HAWAII AS WELL AS 
NEAR THE CENTER OF THE BROAD LOW PRESSURE BETWEEN 23N AND 30N FROM 
164W TO 170W. 

TROPICAL STORM OMEKA IS LOCATED WITHIN THE BROAD LOW PRESSURE AREA 
WEST OF HAWAII CENTERED NEAR 24N 175W...AND IS MOVING TOWARD THE NE 
NEAR 20 MPH.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.