Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 21:51:41 -0600

309 
FZPN01 KWBC 210351
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE DEC 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N176E 994 MB MOVING E 25 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM OF 
LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ALSO FROM 45N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 46N BETWEEN 155W AND 173W 
NW TO N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 50N137W DESCRIBED 
BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 48N129W 984 MB MOVING NW 10 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER 42N135W 989 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 39N TO 
50N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W...AND WITHIN 720 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
30N138W TO 44N159W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 52N133W 993 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 45N128W 994 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E AND NE OF A 
LINE FROM FIRST CENTER TO SECOND CENTER TO 34N125W TO 
30N125W...AND FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 127W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 
123W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N147W 991 MB DRIFTING S. FROM 48N TO 59N BETWEEN 144W AND 
157W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N146W 988 MB. N OF 54N BETWEEN 136W AND 
153W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS BY LOW 50N137W 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E AND FROM 30N TO 43N W OF 
175E NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N173E 995 MB. N OF 30N WITHIN 660 NM 
NW AND N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N167E 995 MB. FROM 36N TO 49N W OF 167W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 50N147W 992 MB. FROM 40N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 144W AND 155W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N137W 980 MB. FROM 40N TO 59N BETWEEN 
147W AND 167W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ALSO N OF A 
LINE FROM 44N126W TO 36N136W TO 34N147W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 56N BETWEEN 152W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 57N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 167W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 34N119W 1005 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 30N TO 33N E OF 122W 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL DEPRESSION OMEKA 30.2N172.1W. MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS 30 KT GUSTS TO 40 KT. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
160W AND 171W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA 32N175E 997 MB. FROM 
30N TO 36N BETWEEN 178W AND 175E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 49N BETWEEN 171E AND 162E S WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 49N BETWEEN 176W AND 174E S WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N161W 1009 MB. FROM 32N TO 35N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 163W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 49N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 174W AND 179E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.

.HIGH 41N165W 1029 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N156W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 46N168E 1027 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH JUST NW OF AREA 60N180W 1037 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N172W 1042 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 30N123W TO 22N140W.  N OF 28N WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
FRONT  SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 11 FT.  ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM SE OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  NW OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N118W TO 20N122W.  N OF 27N W OF 
125W  W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 11 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 30N116W TO 14N127W TO 00N122W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N118W TO 22N120W.  N OF 27N W OF 
FRONT TO 122W  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 116W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
NW SWELL.

.LOW PRES 07N88W 1009 MB.  WITHIN 120 NM SE SEMICIRCLE  WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES NEAR 07N92W 1010 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM 
SE QUADRANT  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WEAK TROUGH FROM 06N97W TO 08N92W. 
WITHIN 90 NM W OF TROUGH  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.WEAK TROUGH 15N120W TO 09N121W.  WITHIN 60 NM  W OF TROUGH 
NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  TROUGH 15N122W TO 08N124W.  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 89W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE DEC 21...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 03N78W TO LOW PRES 1009 MB 
AT 07N88W TO 04N97W TO 13N116W TO 06N140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT 
CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.