Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:45:09 -0600

966 
FZPN40 PHFO 210445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE DEC 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...TROPICAL STORM WARNING...
.TROPICAL STORM OMEKA NEAR 23.8N 174.6W 1005 MB MOVING NNE 17 KT. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 35 KT GUSTS 45 KT. WITHIN 45 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 34 KT OR GREATER AND SEAS 12 FT OR GREATER. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
AND SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL DEPRESSION OMEKA NEAR 30.2N 172.1W. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 30 KT GUSTS 40 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT AND 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER.
.48 HOUR FORECAST REMNANT LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST AREA. SEE SEAS SECTION 
DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 22N140W TO 21N150W TO 26N160W TO 30N166W. FRONT E OF 
150W MOVING S SLOWLY. FRONT W OF 160W MOVING N 10 KT. FRONT NEARLY 
STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
N OF FRONT W OF 153W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 20N140W TO 23N153W TO 30N168W. E TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 156W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 19N140W TO 21N152W TO 30N162W. WINDS 
DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 21N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. N TO NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 24N169E 18N160E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 20N174E TO 17N160E.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM OF A LINE FROM 27N171W TO 20N171W 
TO 15N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 18 TO 22 FT OVER WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN 155W AND 175E. SEAS 
12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 25N140W TO 24N160W TO 17N172W 
TO 25N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 
22N160W TO 10N177W TO 20N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N155W TO 
20N170W TO 20N170E TO 24N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 14N140W TO 22N160W TO 10N176W TO 19N160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 
23N175E TO 25N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N160W TO 24N160W TO 24N176W TO 14N171E TO 14N160E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT 
E OF A LINE FROM 30N151W TO 22N140W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 23N164W TO 
15N165W TO 12N173W TO 09N177E TO 08N174E.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.