Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 04:06:37 -0600

567 
FZPN01 KWBC 211006
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE DEC 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N180W 1000 MB MOVING E 40 KT. FROM 49N TO 60N BETWEEN 
167W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 44N TO 52N BETWEEN 155W AND 170W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
50N143W DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 49N129W 984 MB MOVING NW 20 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER 42N132W 988 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 35N TO 
52N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W...AND WITHIN 720 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
39N154W TO 30N137W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 54N137W 989 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 47N127W 996 MB. FROM 43N TO 50N E OF 
129W...AND FROM 53N TO 57N E OF 138W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED 
BY LOW 51N138W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N145W 989 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. FROM 44N TO 59N BETWEEN 
141W AND 155W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N148W 988 MB. N OF 54N BETWEEN 138W AND 
158W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
51N138W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.N OF 30N S OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 44N178E TO 42N160E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N173E 992 MB. FROM 30N TO 42N W OF 
167E...AND FROM 36N TO 47N BETWEEN 171W AND 167E WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N166E 995 MB. FROM 40N TO 51N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 50N143W 989 MB. FROM 40N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 140W AND 158W...AND N OF A LINE FROM 42N158W TO 47N171W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N138W 979 MB. FROM 34N TO 59N BETWEEN 
132W AND 167W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ALSO N OF A 
LINE FROM 36N132W TO 42N124W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 35N173E 990 MB. FROM 32N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 175W AND 170E...AND FROM 33N TO 45N BETWEEN 167W AND 
175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST IN N QUADRANT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 56N BETWEEN 152W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 56N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 169W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 33N E OF 121W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY NEW LOW 36N134W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

.FROM 44N TO 51N W OF 163E SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 51N W OF 179E S WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 55N177W TO 63N168W SW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N124W 1000 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 135W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED WELL INLAND. FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 
128W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA 31.8N171.8W 1004 MB. 
FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA 32N161W 1012 MB. 
WITHIN 120 NM N QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT...EXCEPT 
WHERE NOTED ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 47N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 168W AND 179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
43N166E TO 31N179W. 

.HIGH 40N164W 1028 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N154W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 49N168E 1027 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 59N177W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N172W 1042 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONTAL TROUGH 30N121W TO 21N140W AND COLD FRONT 30N135W TO   
29N140W. N OF 28N W OF 130W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 
TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW LINE 30N115W TO 07N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL WITH 
HIGHEST SEAS AT 29N122W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONTAL TROUGH 30N118W TO 21N130W TO 20N140W 
AND COLD FRONT 30N124W TO 25N134W. N OF 28N BETWEEN 117W AND 
134W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW LINE 27N114W TO 07N124W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 130W E TO SE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT E OF AREA. FROM 07N TO 14N W OF 
125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT. REMAINDER AREA N OF 07N W 
OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 120W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 T0 10 FT 
IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.     

.TROUGH 08N125W TO 15N120W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 07N126W TO 17N121W. CONDITIONS MERGE.
.48 HOUR TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.LOW PRES 07N88W 1009 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 07N94W 1011 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 08N96W 1011 MB. LITTLE CHANGE.

.FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N E OF COLD FRONT S 
TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE DEC 21...

.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM LINE 15N113W TO 15N120W. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF 15N139W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 03N78W TO LOW PRES 07N88W 
TO 04N93W TO 14N120W TO 06N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 120 NM OF 09.5N117W.

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.