Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 04:45:10 -0600

377 
FZPN40 PHFO 211045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE DEC 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...TROPICAL STORM WARNING...
.TROPICAL STORM OMEKA NEAR 25.4N 173.7W 1005 MB MOVING NNE 16 KT. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 35 KT GUSTS 45 KT. WITHIN 50 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS 34 KT OR GREATER AND SEAS 12 FT OR GREATER. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
AND SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF CENTER. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST OMEKA BECOMING EXTRATROPICAL GALE LOW NEAR 
29N173W. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT AND SEAS 12 FT OR GREATER WITHIN 50 NM OF 
LOW CENTER. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
120 NM OF LOW CENTER.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST WATERS. SEE SEAS SECTION BELOW FOR SEA 
CONDITIONS AT 24 HOUR PERIOD.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT FROM 20N140W TO 21N150W TO 25N160W TO 30N169W. FRONT MOVING S 
10 KT E OF 150W...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. E TO SE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 156W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT W OF 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 20N155W TO 23N160W TO 
30N168W. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 
NM NE AND E OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO TROUGH FROM 26N159W TO 18N160W. 
WINDS DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST WATERS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 25N170E TO 20N169E TO 17N160E. FRONT MOVING 
E TO SE 10 KT S OF 21N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF LINE FROM 30N167E TO 
23N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 26N173E TO 
21N170E TO 19N162E TO 24N160E TO 26N173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N169E TO 26N173E TO 21N171E TO 
15N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 IN AREA FROM 20N TO 27N BETWEEN 171E AND 
176E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 20N173E TO 12N160E. S TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 18N.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM OF LINE FROM 27N171W TO 22N169W TO 
14N174W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 30N153W TO 23N140W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 20N162W TO 10N175W TO 03N165E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE FROM 25N156W TO 
24N166W TO 18N170W TO 21N173E TO 26N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF LINE FROM 14N140W TO 15N152W TO 21N160W TO 13N168W TO 10N175W 
TO 15N169E TO 20N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N167W TO 23N164E TO 28N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
LINE FROM 05N140W TO 09N152W TO 22N159W TO 10N177W TO 15N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N160W TO 24N161W TO 27N173W TO 12N169E TO 13N160E. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF LINE FROM 30N145W TO 26N149W TO 
00N145W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 19N TO 27N BETWEEN 
165W AND 169W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 08N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 171E AND 172W...AND FROM 17N TO 24N BETWEEN 169W AND 173W.

.ITCZ FROM 06N140W TO 07N150W TO 07N159W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 151W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.