Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:34:04 -0600

195 
FZPN01 KWBC 211533
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE DEC 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 50N130W 989 MB MOVING NW 15 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER NEAR 43N131W 993 MB MOVING N 20 KT...AND THIRD 
CENTER NEAR 56N144W 989 MB MOVING S 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
COAST FROM PT ARENA NORTH TO VANCOUVER ISLAND...S WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. WITHIN 960 NM W SEMICIRCLE OF SECOND LOW 
WINDS NW 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. WITHIN 300 NM OF THIRD 
LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT...HIGHEST SW OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 54N143W 987 MB 
MOVING S 10 KT AND SECOND CENTER NEAR 49N140W 996 MB MOVING NE 
10 KT. BETWEEN 360 NM AND 1020 NM W SEMICIRCLES OF FIRST LOW N 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT...HIGHER GUSTS NEAR ALASKA PENINSULA. SEAS 9 
TO 17 FT...HIGHEST WITHIN EASTERN BERING SEA AND SW OF LOW 
CENTER. WITHIN 900 NM SW SEMICIRCLE OF SECOND LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N139W 982 MB. BETWEEN 480 NM AND 1080 NM 
SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT. WITHIN 300 
NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. WITHIN 240 NM 
OF COAST FROM PT ST GEORGE NORTH TO CAPE FLATTERY...S WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 31N170E 999 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 660 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS E 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N171E 992 MB. WITHIN 540 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
 WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N164E 994 MB AND NEW LOW NEAR 37N172E 
993 MB. WITHIN 600 NM N QUADRANT OF FIRST LOW AND 900 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE OF SECOND LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
WITHIN BERING SEA E OF 174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN BERING SEA N OF 56N SW WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA 32N172W 1008 MB. 
WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA DISSIPATED. REMNANT 
ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 47N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 31N TO 36N BETWEEN 166W AND 179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM OF 44N167E.

.HIGH 40N161W 1026 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N151W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 48N172E 1029 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 57N175W 1042 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N173W 1041 MB. 

.FORECASTER GLAZEWSKI. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 22N130W TO 20N140W. N OF 27N 
W OF 128W W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 29N115W TO 07N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N118W TO 21N124W. N OF 25N W 
OF FRONT TO 129W W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 27N WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 27N114W TO 07N125W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 25N W OF 129W. 
S OF 07N W OF 125W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT E OF AREA. N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 10N W OF 130W 
E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 T0 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N E OF COLD FRONT S 
TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 79W AND 80W N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE DEC 21...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 05N77W TO 04N82W TO LOW 
PRES 07N89W TO 10N121W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 120 NM OF 10N121W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.