Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:45:19 -0600

211 
FZPN40 PHFO 211645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE DEC 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW...FORMER TROPICAL STORM OMEKA...27N173W 1003 MB MOVING N 15 KT. 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 50 NM OF LOW CENTER. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW CENTER. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM NE AND E QUADRANTS OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST WATERS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 20N140W TO 21N150W TO 24N160W TO 30N169W NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 155W...AND WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW OF FRONT W 
OF 168W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT W OF 152W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 20N155W TO 23N160W TO 30N167W. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST WATERS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO TROUGH FROM 26N159W TO 19N161W. 

.FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 24N170E TO 20N169E TO 16N160E. FRONT MOVING 
SE 10 KT S OF 20N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 26N166E TO 25N174E TO 19N171E TO 
21N161E TO 25N163E TO 26N166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 24N175E TO 18N170E TO 
14N160E. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 17N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 24N179E TO 17N170E TO 
11N160E. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 19N.

.RIDGE FROM 30N153W TO 23N140W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 20N162W TO 10N175W TO 03N165E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE FROM 25N158W TO 
25N166W TO 19N170W TO 22N170E TO 29N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N OF LINE FROM 13N140W TO 13N153W TO 22N160W TO 13N167W TO 11N174E 
TO 19N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 13 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N175W TO 25N168E TO 29N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
LINE FROM 01N140W TO 08N152W TO 21N156W TO 09N179E TO 09N172E TO 
13N160E...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 23N BETWEEN 147W AND 154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF LINE 
FROM 30N170W TO 19N177W TO 11N165E TO 12N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT OVER 
FORECAST WATERS E OF LINE FROM 26N146W TO 20N148W TO 00N146W...AND S 
OF LINE FROM 05N151W TO 07N173E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 25N171W TO 22N163W TO 
17N166W TO 16N171W TO 25N171W...AND WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 
15N176E TO 11N178E TO 09N171E.

.ITCZ FROM 06N140W TO 07N150W TO 07N162W. ISOLATED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 06N TO 09N E OF 161W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.