Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:42:42 -0600

990 
FZPN01 KWBC 212142
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE DEC 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 21. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 22. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 44N129W 994 MB MOVING N 10 KT.  
SECOND LOW NEAR 51N132W 988 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. WITHIN 240 NM OF 
COAST FROM PT ARENA NORTH TO VANCOUVER ISLAND...S WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. THIRD LOW 56N145W 986 MB MOVING S 15 KT. 
WITHIN 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 43N151W TO 62N173W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 14 FT S OF ALASKA PENINSULA AND TO 10 
FT WITHIN ICE FREE WATERS OF BERING SEA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW CENTERS MERGE INTO SINGLE LOW NEAR 49N137W 
981 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
17 FT. BETWEEN 600 NM AND 1260 NM W SEMICIRCLES N WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST IN SW QUADRANT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM OF LOW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N140W 984 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND 1140 
NM SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST 
IN SW QUADRANT. WITHIN 240 NM OF COAST FROM PT ST GEORGE NORTH 
TO CAPE FLATTERY...S WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM OF LOW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 32N171E 991 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 660 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS E 20 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N170E 993 MB. WITHIN 480 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
AND 480 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N164E 990 MB. WITHIN 780 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
WITHIN BERING SEA E OF 174W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN BERING SEA N OF ALEUTIAN ISLANDS AND W 
OF 177W OVER FORECAST WATERS S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN BERING SEA N OF 56N W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA 34N167W 1008 MB. 
WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA DISSIPATED. REMNANT 
ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 33N TO 36N 
BETWEEN 173W AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.
.48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 
46N BETWEEN 170W AND 180W. 

.HIGH 38N161W 1025 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 48N173E 1027 MB MOVING N 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 57N174W 1044 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N170W 1034 MB. 

.FORECASTER GLAZEWSKI. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 21N130W TO 19N140W. N OF 27N 
W OF 125W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 27N115W TO 16N125W TO 10N130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N119W TO 21N124W. N OF 27N W 
OF FRONT TO 125W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN 
NW SWELL. N OF 27N E OF FRONT TO 116W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 25N. S OF 07N W OF 125W E 
TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT E OF AREA. N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 10N W OF 120W 
E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 T0 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N E OF COLD FRONT S 
TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE DEC 21...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 02N78W TO LOW PRES 07N92W 
TO 08N110W TO 10N125W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 08N TO 
10N BETWEEN 120W AND 127W. 

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.