Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:45:13 -0600

561 
FZPN40 PHFO 212245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE DEC 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW...FORMER TROPICAL STORM OMEKA...29N173W 1002 MB MOVING N 20 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 35 KT AND ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST WATERS.

.LOW 25N168E 999 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 18N165E 
TO 15N160E MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE OF LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 480 NM SE QUADRANT 
OF LOW AND 300 NM ELSEWHERE OF LOW.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 26N173E 997 MB. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 22N175E 
TO 20N172E TO 13N160E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE 
OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 
172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N175E 995 MB. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 27N179E 
TO 17N170E TO 10N160E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE 
OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 
170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GALE LOW MOVED WELL N OF FORECAST AREA. FRONT FROM 
30N179W TO 23N180W TO 10N160E. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 24N160W TO 21N155W TO 19N140W. E 
TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT W OF 155W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT W OF 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 25N160W TO 21N150W. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO TROUGH FROM 29N157W TO 23N155W 
TO 17N155W.

.TROUGH FROM 19N155W TO 14N159W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 19N155W TO 15N158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH TROUGH DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPH 
ABOVE.

.WEAK HIGH 19N162W 1012MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 
09N180W TO 07N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N154W TO 22N140W MOVING S 10 KT.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N161W TO 20N169W TO 23N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 10N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT W OF A LINE FROM 30N158W TO 
00N165W...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 10N W OF 173E. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N152W TO 00N155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 
18N180W TO 11N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 
07N160W TO 06N175E TO 00N172E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF A LINE FROM 21N165W TO 
10N173E.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 07N149W TO 07N161W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ W OF 149W.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.