Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:35:09 -0600

982 
FZPN01 KWBC 220335
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED DEC 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 55N147W 986 MB MOVING SW 20 KT. WITHIN 420 NM W QUADRANT 
AND 240 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N150W 992 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W AND 540 NM 
NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
39N TO 59N BETWEEN 148W AND 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N139W 992 MB. FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 
139W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 27 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 37N126W 1000 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
121W AND 126W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ALSO FROM 30N 
TO 41N BETWEEN 126W AND 141W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 37N117W 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N E 
OF 123W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 47N131W 992 MB MOVING NW 15 
KT. FROM 42N TO 54N BETWEEN 132W AND 124W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 51N137W 
DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 50N148W 992 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 41N TO 52N BETWEEN 145W 
AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N137W 976 MB. BETWEEN 58N AND N OF A 
LINE FROM 44N125W TO 35N141W...AND FROM 36N TO 47N BETWEEN 141W 
AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT...HIGHEST SW 
QUADRANT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N142W 983 MB. N OF 30N WITHIN 360 NM E 
AND SE OF FRONT FROM 49N128W TO 34N139W...AND FROM 45N TO 58N 
BETWEEN 128W AND 162W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT...EXCEPT IN SW QUADRANT 16 TO 28 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 51N154W TO 50N168W TO 51N179W. EXCEPT 
WHERE NOTED ABOVE...N OF A LINE FROM 44N160W TO 50N174W NW TO N 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
48N150W DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N173E 992 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. BETWEEN 35N AND S OF A LINE 
FROM 39N169W TO 47N174E TO 41N160E...AND FROM 30N TO 35N W OF 
163E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N169E 995 MB. FROM 35N TO 50N W OF 170W 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N165E 986 MB. WITHIN 720 NM N QUADRANT 
AND 540 NM NE AND E OF FRONT FROM 46N166E TO 30N175W WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N164E TO 
43N176E TO 46N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW S OF AREA 26N168E 997 MB MOVING NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N176E 995 MB. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
178W AND 174E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 43N165E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 56N BETWEEN 155W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA 31N172W 1002 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 
30N TO 35N BETWEEN 163W AND 175W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA 33N166W 1012 MB. FROM 
33N TO 39N BETWEEN 163W AND 170W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 43N139W DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION 
ABOVE.

.W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 48N164E TO 57N180W SE TO S WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 50N BETWEEN 174W AND 173E S WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N162W TO 53N169W TO 58N177E 
W TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 32N TO 37N 
BETWEEN 174W AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
40N172E TO 32N179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 48N BETWEEN 173E AND 
165E. 

.HIGH 36N157W 1024 MB MOVING SE 40 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH JUST S OF AREA NEAR 29N135W 1019 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N121W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH JUST NW OF AREA 60N179E 1038 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 56N172W 1043 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N171W 1038 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 21N128W. N OF 26N W OF 122W W 
TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N118W TO 22N123W.
SECONDARY FRONT FROM 30N122W TO 26N124W. N OF 26N W OF FRONT TO 
130W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N116W TO 21N120W. N OF 28N W 
OF FRONT TO 122W W TO NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT E OF AREA. N OF 28N W OF 131W S TO 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.S OF 20N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
MIXED NW SWELL AND SE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST S OF 03N W OF 125W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N W OF 120W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N W OF 125 E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 116W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED DEC 22...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 02N78W TO LOW PRES 07N93W 
TO 05N110W TO 10N122W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.