Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:45:12 -0600

896 
FZPN40 PHFO 220445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED DEC 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 26N168E 999 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 23N170E 
TO 17N166E TO 14N160E MOVING E 15 KT. WARM FRONT FROM LOW TO 
27N175E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 480 NM OF LOW. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 510 NM E SEMICIRCLE OF LOW AND 300 NM ELSEWHERE OF LOW.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N174E 996 MB. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 25N179E 
TO 19N172E TO 12N160E. WINDS 20 TO 35 KT WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE 
OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 
172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GALE LOW MOVED N OF AREA. COLD FRONT FROM 30N179E 
TO 27N179E TO 23N177E TO 17N170E TO 11N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 180 NM WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT E OF 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 21N179W TO 11N162E. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N165W TO 24N162W TO 21N154W. E TO SE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT NE OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM NE OF 
FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 24N158W TO 18N154W. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT WEAKENED TO TROUGH FROM 27N161W TO 18N150W.

.TROUGH FROM 18N155W TO 14N160W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH MERGED WITH FRONT DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAPH 
ABOVE.

.WEAK HIGH 20N162W 1012MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 
11N176W TO 05N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N154W TO 22N140W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF LINE FROM 30N162W TO 20N170W TO 22N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 01N140W TO 15N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N150W TO 
00N155W...AND W OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 00N165W...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT 
OR LESS S OF 11N W OF 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 
26N173W TO 19N176W TO 11N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF A LINE FROM 
22N140W TO 08N154W TO 08N175E TO 00N171E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF A LINE FROM 20N167W TO 
14N180W TO 11N175E.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N149W TO 06N165W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM N OF ITCZ W OF 149W.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.