Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 23:44:06 -0600

083 
FXPQ60 PGUM 220543
AFDPQ 

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
343 PM CHST WED DEC 22 2010

.SYNOPSIS...
VISIBLE SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A WEAK SHEAR LINE SOUTH OF
GUAM...WITH LIGHT NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS AND ISOLATED SHOWERS
NORTH OF THAT LINE. AFTER ALL THE ISLAND SHOWERS OVER GUAM ON
TUESDAY...IT HAS BEEN MUCH QUIETER THIS AFTERNOON...WITH ONLY
ISOLATED ISLAND SHOWERS IN LIMITED MOI TURE. MEANWHILE...SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE AT THE GUAM AIRPORT IS CURRENTLY 1003 MB...UNUSUALLY LOW
FOR DECEMBER IN THE ABSENCE OF ANY TROPICAL SYSTEMS.

&&

.DISCUSSION...
GFS/UKMET STILL SHOWING DISJOINTED SHEAR LINE FRAGMENTS NEAR THE
MARIANAS OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS...POSSIBLY COALESCING INTO A
SINGLE STRONGER SHEAR LINE OVER THE WEEKEND. QUITE A BIT OF
UNCERTAINTY IN THE DETAILS...SO FOR NOW GO WITH MOSTLY CLOUDY
THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS. COULD SEE
MORE SHOWERS OVER THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND THAN CURRENTLY FORECAST BUT
WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE DEFINITE INDICATIONS IN THE NEXT FEW MODELS
RUNS BEFORE PUTTING THAT INTO THE FORECAST. 

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
WILL BE ADDED AFTER 5 PM.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
WILL BE ADDED AFTER 5 PM.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

MIDDLEBROOKE/DEVITA

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.