Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 23:47:36 -0600

718 
ATHW40 PHFO 220547
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC WED DEC 22 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC DECEMBER 22 2010

LAYERED CLOUDS CONTINUE TO BE FOUND OVER EAST MAUI AND THE BIG 
ISLAND. THIN HIGH CLOUDS ARE PASSING OVER THE REMAINING SMALLER 
ISLANDS. BENEATH THE HIGH CLOUDS FEW CLOUDS CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER 
LANAI AND MOLOKAI. ON OAHU...A BATCH OF LOW CLOUDS IS PASSING OVER 
THE NORTH TIP OF OAHU...AT AT 7 PM THIS AREA COVERED THE AREA 
BETWEEN SUNSET BEACH AND TURTLE BAY. SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND 
ELSEWHERE OVER OAHU AT 7 PM. JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER KAUAI. 

THESE LAYERED CLOUDS ARE PART OF A FRONTAL SYSTEM EAST OF THE 
ISLANDS. THE LAYERED CLOUDS ARE CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 23.6N 
156.8W TO 17.9N 153.2W TO 14.8N 156.0W. EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FOUND IN THE AREA OF CLOUDS SOUTH OF 19N...AND HAVE TOPS REACHING 
NEAR 46000 FEET AT 7 PM. 

A BROAD UPPER LEVEL RIDGE REMAINS OVER THE CENTRAL PACIFIC...BASED 
ON WATER VAPOR IMAGERY...WITH LOW TO MID LEVEL SHORTWAVE TROUGH 
NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. THE TROUGH AXIS RUNS ALONG A LINE FROM 30.5N 
166.3W TO 22.8N 164.7W. THIS PLACES THE SOUTHERN END OF THE TROUGH 
ABOUT 320 MILES WEST OF KAUAI.

AN ISOLATED AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS IS NOTED IN THE ITCZ NEAR 8.5N 
152.5W...ABOUT 770 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. CLOUD 
TOPS HERE ARE REACHING NEAR 47000 FEET. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.