Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 03:42:07 -0600

431 
FZPN01 KWBC 220942
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED DEC 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 55N146W 986 MB MOVING S 10 KT AND 
SECOND CENTER 49N143W 984 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 900 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N 
TO 59N BETWEEN 135W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 50N147W 988 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 51N138W 979 MB. FROM 43N TO 57N BETWEEN 149W 
AND 162W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 
59N AND N OF A LINE FROM 42N125W TO 34N140W TO 36N166W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 50N141W 983 MB. FROM 30N TO 58N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 160W...AND WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT FROM 
49N128W TO 30N138W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 42N TO 56N BETWEEN 129W AND 142W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N127W 995 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. FROM 43N TO 49N E OF 129W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 51N138W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N172E 992 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. FROM 40N TO 44N BETWEEN 
179E AND 171E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 30N WITHIN 720 NM NW AND N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N167E 992 MB. FROM 38N TO 50N W OF 173E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 46N158E 983 MB. FROM 47N TO 
55N W OF 180W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE W 
OF A LINE FROM 40N168W TO 50N176W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 168E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW S OF AREA 25N173E 997 MB MOVING N 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N174E 994 MB. FROM 32N TO 50N BETWEEN 
166W AND 173E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT. ALSO FROM 30N 
TO 32N BETWEEN 166W AND 173E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 40N158E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N178W 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 178W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 56N BETWEEN 154W AND 171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 61N W OF 
THE ALASKAN COAST. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 36N124W 1002 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 135W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 123W NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA 33N171W 1004 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 
30N TO 37N BETWEEN 160W AND 173W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL LOW OMEKA DISSIPATED AND 
CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 35N174E DESCRIBED ABOVE IN WARNINGS 
SECTION. 

.N OF 52N W OF 179E SE TO S WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NW OF A LINE FROM 54N178W TO 65N167W SW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 52N160W TO 60N179W NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 31N TO 37N 
BETWEEN 169W AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
42N167E TO 31N177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 33N TO 38N BETWEEN 174W AND 
179W...AND FROM 43N TO 49N W OF 178E. 

.HIGH 33N152W 1024 MB MOVING SE 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N130W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N121W 1022 MB. 

.HIGH 58N177W 1041 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N171W 1042 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N168W 1034 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONTAL TROUGH 30N119W TO 21N130W AND COLD FRONT 30N125W TO 
26N140W. N OF 27N WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N W OF TROUGH TO 135W W TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 
05N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
S OF 05N W OF 115W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SE 
AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N115W TO 17N120W. FROM 09N TO 14N 
W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 
115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW 
SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 115W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED SE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT E OF AREA AND RIDGE 30N123W TO 
22N140W. NW OF RIDGE SW WINDS 20M TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT NEAR 
29N138W. N OF 07N SE OF RIDGE TO 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 118W E TO 
SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED SE AND NW SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE 
GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED DEC 22...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 02N78W TO LOW PRES 07N93W 
TO 05N107W TO 10N125W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.