Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 04:45:07 -0600

937 
FZPN40 PHFO 221045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED DEC 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 26N173E 997 MB MOVING E 30 KT...THEN NORTH WITHIN 12 HOURS. 
COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 20N170E TO 15N160E MOVING E 20 KT. WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 
300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 17N. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE OF LOW AND 300 NM E OF COLD FRONT N OF 
15N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GALE LOW MOVED N OF AREA. COLD FRONT FROM 30N179E 
TO 20N176E TO 12N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT E 
OF 172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 20N179E TO 11N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 170W AND 174W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 20N140W TO 22N150W TO 25N160W TO 30N165W. E 
TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT NE OF FRONT W OF 150W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 16N155W TO 20N156W TO 23N159W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH 16N158W TO 20N161W TO 21N162W. 

.TROUGH 26N168E TO 30N169W MOVING E 20 KT. NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
IN AREA W OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM E OF 
TROUGH AND 360 NM W OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAK TROUGH FROM 27N179W TO 30N178W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WEAK HIGH 22N162W 1013MB MOVING NW SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 
11N180W TO 06N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N150W TO 22N140W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 26N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N164W TO 29N179E TO 21N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 07N140W TO 09N154W TO 
23N158W TO 23N163W TO 10N176E TO 17N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT FROM 18N TO 27N BETWEEN 180E AND 
175E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 27N160W TO 27N173W 
TO 18N180W TO 15N170E TO 14N170E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF 147W S OF 27N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 29N E OF 167W...ALSO N OF 19N 
BETWEEN 174W TO 178E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 27N W OF 164W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 12N TO 21N BETWEEN 163W AND 178E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N153W TO 07N163W TO 08N173W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 152W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.