Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:00:04 -0600

733 
FZPN01 KWBC 221600
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED DEC 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 54N145W 986 MB MOVING SE 10 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER 50N139W 982 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FROM 50N TO 56N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 166W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 58N161W TO 
53N163W TO 45N152W TO 45N134W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 44N145W 994 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 52N139W 979 MB. FROM 42N TO 52N BETWEEN 150W 
AND 161W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 32N 
TO 60N BETWEEN 124W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 49N140W 982 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
A FRONT FROM 49N127W TO 35N131W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SW QUADRANT...WITHIN 300 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 55N162W TO 46N152W TO 34N145W AND WITHIN 360 
NM E OF A FRONT FROM 35N131W TO 30N137W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 41N150W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N171E 995 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
660 NM SW...540 NM NW AND 900 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST N OF LOW CENTER.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 41N165E 991 MB.
WITHIN 360 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 47N160E TO 45N176E TO 
34N169W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 25 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
44N178E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL W OF AREA AND NEW LOW 38N178W 1007 
MB. WITHIN 540 NM N OF A FRONT FROM 49N160E TO 48N175E WINDS 30 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A 
FRONT FROM 48N174E TO 30N172W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 
FT. ALSO S AND SW OF THE FRONTS N OF 33N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N173W. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 34N132W 1002 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 52N BETWEEN 154W AND 170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 61N W OF 
167W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 54N W OF 178W SE TO S WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N W OF 167W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 54N168W TO 60N179W NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 40N173E TO 33N169E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 44N168E TO 33N173W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 48N160E TO 46N175E TO 35N174W. 

.HIGH 33N152W 1022 MB MOVING E 50 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N122W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 58N175W 1042 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N172W 1041 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N166W 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONTAL TROUGH 30N116W TO 21N123W AND COLD FRONT 30N121W TO 
25N140W. N OF 27N WITHIN 60 NM E OF TROUGH S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N W OF TROUGH TO 130W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 05N W OF 
115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. S OF 
05N W OF 115W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN MIXED SE AND 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N113W TO 20N110W TO 17N130W. FROM 
09N TO 14N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
07N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY 
IN NW SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 115W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT IN MIXED SE AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT E OF AREA AND RIDGE 30N120W TO 
22N130W. NEW COLD FRONT 30N137W 28N140W. N OF 25N E OF FRONT TO 
130W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. W OF FRONT NW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT. N OF 07N SE OF RIDGE WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. S OF 07N W OF 118W E 
TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN MIXED SE AND NW SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 90W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO 
E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC 
...N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 97W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1530 UTC WED DEC 22...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 04N77W TO LOW PRES 07N96W 
TO 05N110W TO 09N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 
NEAR LOW FROM 06N TO 08N BETWEEN 95W AND 97W. SCATTERED SHOWERS 
WITHIN 45 NM OF REMAINDER OF ITCZ.   

$$
.FORECASTER FORMOSA. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.