Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:45:14 -0600

950 
FZPN40 PHFO 221645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED DEC 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 28N174E 996 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. COLD FRONT FROM LOW TO 20N171E 
TO 13N160E MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 210 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 14N. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 360 NM E SEMICIRCLE OF LOW 
AND 420 NM E OF COLD FRONT N OF 15N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GALE LOW MOVED N OF AREA. COLD FRONT FROM 30N180E 
TO 20N176E TO 12N160E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT E 
OF 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 20N179E TO 11N161E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 168W AND 174W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 20N150W TO 25N160W TO 30N166W. SE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT NE OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 16N154W TO 20N158W TO 22N161W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM E OF TROUGH E OF 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH LITTLE CHANGE. 

.TROUGH 27N167E TO 30N169E MOVING E 15 KT. NW TO N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
IN AREA W OF TROUGH. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 22N162W TO 12N180W TO 05N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N149W TO 25N140W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 25N150W TO 26N160W TO 
30N168W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT W OF 156W AND E OF 147W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 24N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 22N163E TO 25N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 03N140W TO 07N149W TO 
23N152W TO 23N162W TO 11N174E TO 16N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT FROM 18N TO 27N BETWEEN 178W AND 
176E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N175W TO 18N177W 
TO 13N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 00N154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF 27N E OF 166W. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT N OF 20N BETWEEN 174W AND 178E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 15N TO 22N BETWEEN 169W AND 178E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N173W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM 
OF ITCZ W OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.