Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:59:26 -0600

293 
FZPN01 KWBC 222159
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED DEC 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 22. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 23. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 55N144W 986 MB MOVING SE 20 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER 50N137W 978 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 47N TO 60N BETWEEN 152W AND 166W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 60N BETWEEN 126W AND 
170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 45N141W 993 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 53N140W 982 MB. FROM 30N TO 58N BETWEEN 124W 
AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
46N157W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 50N139W 984 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
A FRONT FROM 50N127W TO 40N128W S WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM LOW CENTER...WITHIN 300 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 55N162W TO 39N145W AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF A 
FRONT FROM 40N128W TO 30N135W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 23 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 39N148W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N170E 989 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
360 NM NW AND 840 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
25 FT...HIGHEST NE OF LOW CENTER. ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT AS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOWS 55N144W AND 50N137W ABOVE...FROM 30N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 160E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N165E 989 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 30N172W. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 780 NM 
NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST 
NEAR 43N177E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL W OF AREA AND NEW LOW 37N176W 1007 
MB. WITHIN 540 NM N OF A LINE FROM 50N160E TO 50N176E AND WITHIN 
300 NM NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 50N176E TO 30N172W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 50N W OF 171E WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 54N BETWEEN 153W AND 169W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 58N W OF 
165W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.INLAND LOW 36N121W 1006 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 51N BETWEEN 178E AND 170E SE 
TO S WINDS TO 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N W OF 165W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 53N169W TO 60N179W NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 42N170E TO 33N166E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 45N168E TO 33N174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE 
FROM 51N164E TO 45N178E. 

.HIGH 30N139W 1021 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N124W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 57N174W 1045 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N169W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N163W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 31N118W TO 26N122W TO 24N130W. N OF 26N W OF FRONT 
TO 126W W TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
N OF 28N E OF FRONT TO 116W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT E OF AREA. N OF 28N W OF 132W S TO 
SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT 30N135W 26N140W. W OF FRONT NW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N E OF FRONT TO 
127W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN SW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 115W...AND FROM 20N TO 26N 
BETWEEN 114W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.  

.S OF 05N W OF 124W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
PRIMARILY SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N W OF 120W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 116W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N W OF 122W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED SE AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED DEC 22...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 03N77W TO LOW PRES 07N98W 
TO 05N110W TO 10N125W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.  

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.