Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 21:16:57 -0600

785 
ATPQ40 PGUM 230316
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST THU DEC 23 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM SOUTH OF IWO TO ISLAND AT 
25N144E TO 20N133E. CLOUDS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 
100 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD FRONT. A SURFACE TROUGH EAST OF THE 
COLD FRONT RUNS FROM 25N147E TO 20N143E. PATCHY RAIN IS FOUND ALONG 
AND UP TO 250 MILES EAST OF THE SURFACE TROUGH.

ANOTHER COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NORTHEAST OF WAKE 
ISLAND AT 25N178E TO NORTHWEST OF KWAJALEIN AT 12N163E. THIS 
BOUNDARY THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO SOUTH OF POHNPEI AT 
4N158E. EXTENSIVE CLOUDINESS...WIDESPREAD RAIN AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES EAST OF THE COLD 
FRONT AND WITHIN 100 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE SHEARLINE.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES EASTWARD FROM MINDANAO THROUGH 
8N130E TO END AT 3N145E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT NEAR THE 
TROUGH SOUTH OF KOROR WITHIN 325 MILES SOUTHEAST OF A LINE FROM 
7N132E TO EQ140E AND NEAR THE EAST END OF THE SURFACE TROUGH BETWEEN 
3N AND 6N FROM 145E TO 148E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.