Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 21:31:24 -0600

730 
FZPN40 PHFO 230331 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0330 UTC THU DEC 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 30N174E 994 MB MOVING N 20 KT. COLD FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 
26N177E TO 20N173E TO 12N160E MOVING E 15 KT. OVER FORECAST AREA 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 240 NM E FRONT N OF 27N. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
AND ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E OF 
FRONT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N180E TO 20N176E TO 11N160E. 
WINDS DECREASED TO 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 16N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 22N180E TO 14N167E. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 20N180E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 25N BETWEEN 152W AND 172W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 25N160W TO 20N152W WEAKENING 
SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 156W 
AND 158W. 

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 18N157W TO 14N156W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.TROUGH 30N175E TO 26N164E MOVING SE SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 23N163W TO 11N180E TO 05N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.HIGH 31N139W JUST E OF FORECAST AREA. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 28N149W 
MOVING SE 10 KT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 23N150E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 15N180E TO 12N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 21N E OF 149W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 13 FT OVER AREA FROM 19N TO 27N BETWEEN 
176W AND 178E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 15N W OF 174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 27N E OF 165W. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF 25N E OF 180E AND ALSO NW OF LINE FROM 30N TO 
25N160E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 15N149W...ALSO WITHIN 
AREA FROM 20N TO 24N BETWEEN 164W AND 170W. ALSO WITHIN 30 NM OF 
LINE 10N166E TO 06N160E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N155W TO 08N173W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 151W AND 160W AND BETWEEN 165W AND 
168W. 

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.