Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 21:32:28 -0600

790 
FZPN01 KWBC 230332
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU DEC 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 54N145W 984 MB MOVING SE 25 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER 51N137W 978 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. WITHIN 660 NM 
SW AND W QUADRANTS OF FIRST CENTER WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 
29 FT. ELSEWHERE 39N TO 60N BETWEEN 148W AND 168W...FROM 38N TO 
46N BETWEEN 140W AND 148W...AND N OF A LINE FROM 36N140W TO 
45N125W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ALSO FROM 55N TO 
59N BETWEEN 140W AND 148W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 44N140W 992 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 51N141W 983 MB. FROM 30N TO 59N BETWEEN 138W 
AND 162W...AND WITHIN 420 NM NE AND E OF FRONT FROM SECOND 
CENTER TO 46N130W TO 30N142W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 
FT...EXCEPT E OF 142W 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 53N141W 985 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 49N139W 983 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT 
FROM 48N126W TO 30N135W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 30N147W TO 
60N178W...AND WITHIN 420 NM SE AND SW SEMICIRCLES OF SECOND 
CENTER WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT N OF THE 
ALEUTIANS 10 TO 15 FT. ALSO FROM 53N TO 59N BETWEEN 135W AND 
152W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 40N169E 995 MB MOVING NW 10 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER 33N175E 991 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. FROM 36N TO 
49N W OF 168W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. ALSO FROM 30N 
TO 36N BETWEEN 177W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 43N167E 987 MB. WITHIN 720 NM N AND 
NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM W OF A LINE FROM 30N162W TO 50N175W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ALSO W OF A LINE FROM 30N163E TO 41N177E 
TO 43N172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST NW OF AREA 52N162E 998 MB. WITHIN 660 
NM E QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 35N W OF 175E...AND WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 
48N179E TO 43N177W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N172W 1005 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E OF A 
LINE FROM 30N169W TO 43N177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
FROM 55N TO 59N BETWEEN 154W AND 164W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 61N W OF 
THE ALASKAN COAST. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.INLAND LOW 35N118W 1007 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FROM 30N TO 37N E OF 
125W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MOVED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.N OF 49N BETWEEN 175W AND 172E S TO SW WINDS TO 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 55N BETWEEN 162W AND 180W W TO NW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 49N139W DESCRIBED 
ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 33N178W TO 40N170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 33N TO 38N BETWEEN 174W AND 
180W...AND FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 176E AND 166E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
52N165E TO 43N180W. 

.HIGH 55N173W 1043 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N169W 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N162W 1024 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N122W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N120W 1019 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 31N115W TO 22N120W. N OF 26N W OF FRONT TO 125W W TO 
NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 22N W OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT E OF AREA. N OF 28N W OF 132W S TO 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 
115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW COLD FRONT 30N138W TO 29N140W. W OF FRONT 
NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N E OF 
FRONT TO 128W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
PRIMARILY IN SW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR FRONT. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N 
TO 20N W OF 115W...AND N OF 20N BETWEEN 112W AND A LINE FROM 
30N121W TO 20N138W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N134W TO 24N140W. W OF FRONT NW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 27N E OF 
FRONT TO 127W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN 
MIXED SW AND NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR FRONT. FROM 23N TO 27N E OF 
FRONT TO 132W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 10N 
TO 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL. FROM 20N TO 25N BETWEEN 112W AND 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.S OF 05N W OF 120W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
PRIMARILY SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 06N W OF 120W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 116W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 24N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 24N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU DEC 23...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 03N77W TO LOW PRES 07N99W 
TO 07N110W TO 09N125W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 
IS WITHIN 60 NM OF LOW CENTER.  

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.