Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 22:40:16 -0600

842 
FZPN40 PHFO 230440
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU DEC 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 31N173E 992 MB MOVING N 20 KT. COLD FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 
25N177E TO 16N170E TO 10N160E MOVING E 15 KT. OVER FORECAST AREA 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 17N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 17N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM SE OF FRONT BETWEEN 17N AND 09N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 22N166W TO 14N168E. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 21N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 20N180E. WINDS DECREASED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.ASSOCIATED WITH ABOVE MENTIONED LOW...TROUGH 30N174E TO 26N170E TO 
24N164E MOVING SE SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF 
TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 25N160W TO 20N153W WEAKENING 
SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM N OF FRONT BETWEEN 153W 
AND 156W AND 30 NM S OF FRONT E OF 154W.

.WEAK TROUGH RELOCATED FROM 22N160W TO 14N158W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 23N163W TO 11N180E TO 05N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 27N148W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT NEAR 30N160E MOVING E 20 KT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N171E TO 23N160E.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 15N180E TO 12N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 21N E OF 149W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 13 FT OVER AREA FROM 19N TO 27N BETWEEN 
176W AND 178E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 15N W OF 174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 27N E OF 165W. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF 25N E OF 180E AND ALSO NW OF LINE FROM 30N TO 
25N160E. 

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 16N146W TO 15N150W...
AND LINE 10N167E TO 05N160E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N155W TO 08N173W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 151W AND 157W AND BETWEEN 165W AND 
170W. 

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.