Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 03:56:30 -0600

348 
FZPN01 KWBC 230956
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU DEC 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 52N147W 989 MB MOVING SE 25 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER 52N137W 977 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. WITHIN 540 NM 
W QUADRANT OF FIRST CENTER WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 29 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 37N TO 60N BETWEEN 147W AND 167W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ALSO FROM 35N TO 46N BETWEEN 140W AND 
147W...AND N OF A LINE FROM 35N140W TO 43N125W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. ALSO FROM 54N TO 59N BETWEEN 140W AND 147W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 46N136W 982 MB 
AND SECOND CENTER 51N141W 986 MB. FROM 40N TO 50N E OF 129W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NE 
AND E OF FRONT FROM SECOND CENTER TO 50N130W TO 43N129W TO 
30N141W...AND FROM 30N TO 58N BETWEEN 141W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 28 FT...EXCEPT E OF 140W 9 TO 17 FT. ALSO FROM 
40N TO 57N BETWEEN 128W AND 141W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 54N139W 983 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE 
AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS...WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 
48N126W TO 36N128W TO 30N132W...AND BETWEEN 420 NM AND 900 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM E OF A LINE FROM 30N143W TO 43N156W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH FIRST CENTER 41N168E 996 MB MOVING NW 15 KT 
AND SECOND CENTER 36N174E 988 MB MOVING NW 35 KT. WITHIN 780 NM 
N AND NE QUADRANTS OF SECOND CENTER WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 
TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 177W AND 173E...AND 
FROM 35N TO 50N W OF 167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 45N163E 982 MB. WITHIN 660 NM N AND 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 720 NM W OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 49N175W TO 56N172E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 45N W OF 
173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. WITHIN 480 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
47N180W TO 53N166E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 53N W OF 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.NW OF A LINE FROM 55N179E TO 65N167W SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 65N167W 1011 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NE OF A LINE FROM 54N168W TO 
59N179W N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N170W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 
E OF A LINE FROM 47N180W TO 30N166W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
FROM 56N TO 58N BETWEEN 154W AND 163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 61N W OF 
170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 58N W OF 
THE ALASKAN COAST...AND FROM 56N TO 59N BETWEEN 154W AND 163W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 131W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 42N167E TO 32N179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 173W AND 
179W...AND FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 179W AND 164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
51N169E TO 37N173W. 

.HIGH 54N172W 1042 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N168W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N156W 1021 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N122W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N120W 1019 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N166E 1017 MB.

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT 31N113W TO 22N128W. FROM 10N TO 14N W OF 130W NE 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 114W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 29N120W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT E OF AREA....RIDGE 30N122W TO 
22N140W. NW OF RIDGE SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N135W TO 26N140W. NW OF FRONT NW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N WITHIN 420 
NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. FROM 07N TO 
22N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN 
NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N130W TO 19N140W. N OF 24N W OF 
FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. N 
OF 25N WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT. FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.S OF 07N W OF 118W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT 
PRIMARILY IN SE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 120W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 125W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 29N S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 30N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.WITHIN 90 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 12N INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU DEC 23...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF 18N119W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 03N77W TO EMBEDDED LOW PRES 
AT 07N101W TO 10N131W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 08N96W TO 07N105W AND WITHIN 15 NM 
OF 10N133W.  

$$
.FORECASTER NELSON. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.