Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 04:45:12 -0600

295 
FZPN40 PHFO 231045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU DEC 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 25N179E TO 15N172E TO 10N162E MOVING E 20 KT. 
S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 16N. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 390 NM E OF FRONT N OF 20N. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM SE...AND WITHIN 60 NM NW...OF 
FRONT S OF 20N...AND IN AREA OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 23N BETWEEN 
166E AND 177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 23N177W TO 12N164E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 21N175W.

.TROUGH FROM 30N163W TO 25N160W TO 20N157W TO 16N159W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM E OF TROUGH FROM 
18N TO 24N.

.RIDGE FROM 21N166W TO 15N175W TO 10N175E TO 05N162E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 27N148W TO 30N152W MOVING S 10 KT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 26N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF LINE FROM 30N166E TO 25N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 23N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 28N E OF 162W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF 28N BETWEEN 158W AND 164W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE FROM 30N178E TO 20N178E TO 
18N175E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 30N159W TO 25N164W 
TO 11N169E TO 12N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 19N 
E OF 149W...S OF 12N E OF 157W...AND S OF 08N BETWEEN 168W AND 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N172W TO 
20N175W TO 16N176E TO 21N169E TO 30N176E TO 30N172W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF LINE FROM 30N166E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT SE OF LINE FROM 18N140W TO 00N158W...AND S OF 04N BETWEEN 175E 
AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N E 
OF 158W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 24N140W TO 24N159W 
TO 30N179E...AND NW OF LINE FROM 30N167E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
S OF 06N E OF 143W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 14N TO 17N BETWEEN 148W AND 
154W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N177W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 
07N TO 10N E OF 177W...AND IN AREA FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 174W AND 
178W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.