Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:21:21 -0600

595 
ATPQ40 PGUM 231521
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST FRI DEC 24 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NEAR MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 
25N153E TO 20N147E. THE BOUNDARY THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 
BEYOND 130E AT 17N. CLOUDS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 
150 MILES TO EACH SIDE OF THE COLD FRONT. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THE SHEAR LINE.

ANOTHER COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM SOUTHWEST OF MIDWAY 
ISLAND AT 25N179E TO END NORTH OF KWAJALEIN AT 15N168E. CLOUDS 
AND PATCHY RAIN ARE PRESENT ALONG AND UP TO 125 MILES NORTHWEST OF 
THE COLD FRONT. CONVERGING WINDS JUST SOUTHEAST OF THE COLD FRONT 
ARE PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS FROM 
KWAJALEIN NORTHEASTWARD TO THE DATE LINE...OR WITHIN 125 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 7N164E TO 13N173E TO 19N179E.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM THE CENTRAL 
PHILIPPINES THROUGH 6N130E TO END AT EQ143E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT NEAR THE TROUGH AXIS SOUTH OF 
KOROR...OR SOUTH OF A LINE FROM 5N130E TO 5N136E TO 1N138E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.