Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:48:59 -0600

759 
FZPN01 KWBC 231548
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU DEC 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 53N140W 977 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 40N TO 56N BETWEEN 149W AND 161W WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM N AND 180 
NM S SEMICIRCLES AND WITHIN 360 NM EITHER SIDE OF A FRONT FROM 
49N128W TO 32N152W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 51N139W 985 MB. 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 50N129W TO 39N129W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 360 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 56N158W TO 
36N144W AND WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 39N129W 
TO 30N139W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
41N148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N140W 982 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E OF A LINE 
FROM 44N126W TO 30N126W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM NW...360 NM NE AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS 
AND WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 53N166W TO 41N153W TO 
30N133W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N171E 988 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 660 NM 
NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 840 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND SE QUADRANT AND 
WITHIN 960 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 48N157E 980 MB. WITHIN 660 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
1200 NM S...1080 NM SE AND 900 NM NE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 420 NM 
NE AND E OF A FRONT FROM 42N179W TO 30N172W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A 
LINE FROM 42N173W TO 53N166E AND FROM 30N TO 48N W OF 178E WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS NW OF A LINE FROM 54N178W TO 
64N164W SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 60N179W TO 53N169W NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 54N168W TO 59N179W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N168W 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM LOW CENTER 
AND WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 
30N163W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
FROM 54N TO 60N BETWEEN 154W AND 163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 60N W OF 
167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE OF A LINE 
FROM 59N180W TO 55N155W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 42N165E TO 32N175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 173W AND 
179W AND FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 179W AND 165E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
48N173E TO 43N177W. 

.HIGH 53N172W 1042 MB MOVING SE 25 KT WILL ACCELERATE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N165W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N151W 1019 MB. 

.HIGH 30N126W 1021 MB MOVING NE 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N121W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N166E 1019 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 31N111W TO 23N116W. N OF 07N W OF 114W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST 
NEAR 29N120W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. RIDGE 30N121W TO 
22N135W AND NEW COLD FRONT 30N137W 28N140W. NW OF RIDGE TO NEW 
COLD FRONT SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 TO 10 FT. NW OF NEW 
COLD FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 07N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N127W TO 20N140W. RIDGE 25N119W 
TO 18N135W. N OF 24N W OF FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. N OF 25N WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 112W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 

. S OF 07S W OF 125W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 T0 10 FT.  
PRIMARILY IN SE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07S W OF 125W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT IN 
MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07S W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 30N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.WITHIN 90 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 12N INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1530 UTC THU DEC 23...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 04N77W TO EMBEDDED LOW PRES 
AT 06N101W TO 07N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 
FROM 03N TO 05 N BETWEEN 77W AND 80W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
CONVECTION FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 96W AND 108W.  

$$
.FORECASTER FORMOSA. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.