Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:45:11 -0600

733 
FZPN40 PHFO 231645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU DEC 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 25N180E TO 15N173E TO 09N161E MOVING E 15 KT 
AND SLOWING N OF 13N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. S TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 17N. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN FRONT AND 170W N OF 24N...WITHIN 390 NM E OF 
FRONT FROM 20N TO 24N...WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT FROM 12N TO 20N...
AND WITHIN 60 NM W AND NW OF FRONT N OF 11N. ALSO...ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 22N BETWEEN 167E AND 176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 24N175W TO 15N170E. S TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N BETWEEN 170W AND 
174W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 22N174W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 30N163W TO 25N160W TO 21N158W TO 17N160W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM E OF TROUGH FROM 
17N TO 24N.

.RIDGE FROM 23N165W TO 17N175W TO 10N175E TO 05N162E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 26N140W TO 27N145W TO 30N151W MOVING S 10 KT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 23N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF LINE FROM 30N168E TO 27N166E TO 24N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 25N172E TO 22N160E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 25N156W TO 30N166W. WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N E OF 165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N AND E OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS OVER FORECAST WATERS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT WITHIN 150 NM OF LINE FROM 28N180E TO 22N179E TO 
18N176E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 30N161W TO 11N171E 
TO 13N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 11N E OF 157W. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 19N TO 26N E OF 154W...AND S OF 07N BETWEEN 167W 
AND 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N E 
OF 163W...AND NW OF LINE FROM 30N168E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN 
AREA BOUNDED BY 30N171W TO 19N176W TO 17N177E TO 27N175E TO 30N176E 
TO 30N171W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT SE OF LINE FROM 15N140W TO 00N156W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 25N E 
OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINE FROM 23N140W TO 21N150W 
TO 26N171W TO 30N179E...AND NW OF LINE FROM 30N171E TO 21N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT S OF 06N E OF 144W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 14N TO 17N BETWEEN 147W AND 
153W...AND N OF 28N BETWEEN 156W AND 161W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N173W TO 13N179W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
IN AREA FROM 07N TO 10N E OF 176W...AND IN AREA FROM 10N TO 13N 
BETWEEN 174W AND 178W.

$$

.FORECASTER KINEL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.