Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:36:41 -0600

900 
FZPN01 KWBC 232136
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU DEC 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 23. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 24. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 52N140W 983 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM N AND 180 NM S 
SEMICIRCLES...WITHIN 360 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 56N158W 
TO 43N153W TO 34N143W AND WITHIN 420 NM SE OF A FRONT EXTENDING 
FROM 50N127W TO 39N136W TO 32N147W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N155W.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
49N128W TO 37N129W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 49N141W 986 MB. 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 51N128W TO 37N128W 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 360 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 55N162W TO 
35N141W AND WITHIN 360 NM SE OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 37N128W 
TO 30N134W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
40N147W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N139W 985 MB. BETWEEN 300 NM AND 480 NM 
N QUADRANT...WITHIN 360 NM E SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 360 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 55N161W TO 45N150W TO 41N136W AND WITHIN 120 
NM E OF A LINE FROM 48N126W TO 30N125W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 40N170E 989 MB MOVING NW 30 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 660 NM 
NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 21 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM N...840 NM NE AND 1140 NM E QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 
240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N160E 981 MB. WITHIN 480 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 20 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 49N155E 979 MB. WITHIN 1140 NM 
NE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM NE AND E OF A FRONT FROM 48N174E TO 30N170W AND 
FROM 30N TO 48N W OF 173E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF A 
LINE FROM 41N173W TO 53N166E AND FROM 30N TO 48N W OF 180W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT WITH MIXED SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF 55N W OF 165W W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 60N179W TO 53N170W NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 52N173W TO 59N180W N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N168W 997 MB. WITHIN 240 NM LOW CENTER 
AND WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 
30N163W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
FROM 54N TO 60N BETWEEN 154W AND 163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 60N W OF 
167W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE OF A LINE 
FROM 58N178E TO 55N155W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 42N163E TO 33N175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 34N TO 38N BETWEEN 173W AND 
177W AND WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 48N161E TO 42N174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 52N171W 1038 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N162W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N145W 1021 MB. 

.HIGH 31N123W 1025 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N120W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N169E 1019 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 28N W OF 132W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 07W W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N134W TO 26N140W. W OF FRONT 
NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 26N E OF FRONT 
TO 127W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. FROM 07N TO 
20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
FROM 20N TO 27N BETWEEN 112W AND 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N125W TO 20N132W. N OF 25N E 
OF FRONT TO 122W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. N OF 
25N W OF FRONT TO 134W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 21N W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. FROM 07N TO 
15N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.S OF 07N W OF 125W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 T0 10 FT IN   
PRIMARILY SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05S W OF 130W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 10 FT IN SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N W OF 125W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SE AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05S W OF 135W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 
FT IN SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 24N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.42 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC THU DEC 23...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS ALONG 02N78W TO 07N99W TO 
08N125W TO 09N140W. TROUGH WITHIN THE ITCZ FROM 10N99W TO 
06N102W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM W OF TROUGH.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.