Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:45:13 -0600

684 
FZPN40 PHFO 232245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU DEC 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 23N180E TO 09N161E. FRONT MOVING E 20 KT N 
OF 15N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY S OF 15N. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 18N. ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG 
TSTMS WITHIN 330 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 24N174W TO 18N176E. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 24N170W TO 21N178W. 

.FRONT JUST NW OF AREA NEAR 30N158E MOVING E 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E 
OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 22N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 25N176E TO 22N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 29N BETWEEN FRONT AND 176E.

.FRONT JUST N OF AREA NEAR 31N160W MOVING S 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 29N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 24N151W TO 30N165W. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT E OF 147W AND W OF 155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 22N140W TO 21N150W TO 25N157W TO 
30N158W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 22N.

.TROUGH FROM 30N161W TO 27N157W TO 23N156W TO 17N158W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM E OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 20N160E 1007 MB MOVING E 20 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 14N165E 
MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 22N172E 1012 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168W TO 22N166W TO 14N180W TO 05N160E NEARLY 
STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 25N140W TO 24N146W TO 30N155W MOVING S 10 KT E OF 
146W...NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 F FROM 18N TO 25N BETWEEN 177W AND 178E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N174W TO 30N176W TO 14N171E TO 
15N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 28N E OF 151W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 26N149W TO 30N166W. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N169E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 
22N BETWEEN 172W AND 179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 25N E OF 155W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 22N140W TO 21N151W TO 30N175W. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N175E TO 20N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N150W TO 10N161W TO 09N171W TO 10N178W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.