Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:20:37 -0600

711 
ATPQ40 PGUM 240220
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST FRI DEC 24 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM EAST OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 
25N159E TO 18N149E. THE BOUNDARY THEN CONTINUES AS A SHEAR LINE TO 
130E AT 16N. CLOUDS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 100 
MILES TO EACH SIDE OF THE COLD FRONT. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED 
SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 125 MILES NORTH OF THE SHEAR LINE.

ANOTHER COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM SOUTH OF MIDWAY ISLAND 
AT 19N180 TO END NORTH OF KWAJALEIN AT 12N165E. CLOUDS AND PATCHY 
RAIN ARE PRESENT ALONG AND UP TO 100 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD 
FRONT. CONVERGING WINDS JUST SOUTHEAST OF THE COLD FRONT ARE 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS FROM WEST OF 
KWAJALEIN NORTHEASTWARD TO THE DATE LINE...OR WITHIN 100 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 9N164E TO 19N180.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM THE CENTRAL 
PHILIPPINES THROUGH 4N130E TO END AT EQ145E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT SOUTH OF KOROR FROM NEAR THE 
TROUGH AXIS SOUTHWARD TO THE EQUATOR.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.