Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:05:36 -0600

556 
FZPN01 KWBC 240405
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI DEC 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 40N133W 997 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT 
FROM 49N128W TO LOW TO 30N141W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 
FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N130W 998 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT 
FROM 51N129W TO 44N128W TO LOW TO 37N130W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. 
SEAS 17 TO 23 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N126W 1004 MB. FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 
124W AND 127W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT FROM 48N126W TO LOW TO 30N132W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
54N140W DESCRIBED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 49N140W 983 MB MOVING N 05 
KT. FROM 34N TO 59N BETWEEN 143W AND 161W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 42N BETWEEN 137W AND 
150W...AND FROM 50N TO 57N BETWEEN 128W AND 143W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 51N140W 984 
MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE...WITHIN 540 NM E AND NE OF A LINE 
FROM 30N147W TO 60N178W...WITHIN 540 NM S SEMICIRCLE...AND 
WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT...EXCEPT NE QUADRANT AND N OF THE ALEUTIANS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST MERGED LOW 54N140W 983 MB. FROM 32N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 150W...WITHIN 540 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 39N149W 
TO 60N179W...AND WITHIN 420 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 24 FT...EXCEPT N OF 51N 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM OF LOW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N168E 983 MB MOVING NW 40 KT. WITHIN 660 E AND N OF A 
LINE FROM 30N177W TO 41N177E TO 45N160E WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N163E TO 36N174E TO 
42N174E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL W OF AREA AND NEW SECOND LOW 43N172E 
996 MB. BETWEEN 360 NM AND 780 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ALSO FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 174E AND 166E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 50N W 
OF 177E...AND WITHIN 360 NM NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 40N175W TO 
49N174E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N176W 1003 MB. FROM 30N TO 56N BETWEEN 
173W AND 175E...AND WITHIN 360 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 50N172E TO 
53N167E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N171W 1004 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E OF A 
LINE FROM 30N167W TO 40N175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N166W 998 MB. FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 
160W AND 171W...AND FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 153W AND 158W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 50N W OF 166E S TO SE WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 62N W OF 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 55N155W TO 60N177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 56N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 180W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 66N169W MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE IN WARNINGS 
SECTION.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
51N140W DESCRIBED ABOVE IN WARNINGS SECTION.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 33N175W TO 42N165E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
48N163E TO 35N175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 51N171W 1037 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N159W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 31N122W 1024 MB DRIFTING SE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N120W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N168E 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT DEC 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 28N W OF 132W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 07W W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 25N140W. W OF FRONT 
NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 
30N140W. N OF 26N E OF FRONT TO 125W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 20N TO 25N 
BETWEEN 112W AND 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N122W TO 19N131W. N OF 27N 
WITHIN 90 NM W OF FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W. N OF 29N WITHIN 60 NM E 
OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 07N TO 14N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  

.S OF 07N W OF 125W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN   
PRIMARILY SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05S W OF 135W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 
FT IN SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED SE AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND SE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA 06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 24N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 23N TO 29N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO 
NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO 12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 12N NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC FRI DEC 24...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS ALONG 02N78W TO 05N90W TO 
07N101W TO 06N120W TO 09N140W. TROUGH WITHIN THE ITCZ FROM 
10N100W TO 06N102W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM W 
OF TROUGH.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.