Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:45:17 -0600

120 
FZPN40 PHFO 240445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI DEC 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 29N153W TO 30N163W MOVING S 15 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF FRONT...AND N OF 29N E OF 144W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM S OF FRONT BETWEEN 153W AND 158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 23N151W TO 30N165W. E TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT W OF 154W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 25N155W TO 30N157W. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT.

.FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 21N180E TO 12N163E. FRONT MOVING E 20 KT N 
OF 15N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY S OF 15N. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 22N. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 
TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM E OF FRONT N OF 22N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 330 NM E OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 21N179W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 23N170W TO 21N176W. 

.FRONT FROM 30N161E TO 28N160E MOVING E 30 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E 
OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 21N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 28N BETWEEN 174E AND 171E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 27N177E TO 22N168E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 175E.

.TROUGH FROM 25N155W TO 21N156W TO 16N155W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM E OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 23N160W TO 16N158W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 09N162E TO 08N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 19N161E 1010 MB MOVING E 15 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 18N172E 
MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 22N172E 1014 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N168W TO 21N168W TO 14N180W TO 11N170E NEARLY 
STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 23N140W TO 22N148W TO 26N152W MOVING S 20 KT AND 
ERODING FROM THE NW.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 15N W OF 175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 28N E OF 164W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 25N149W TO 30N168W. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N169E TO 23N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 
27N BETWEEN 170W AND 174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 23N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 21N140W TO 20N151W TO 30N175W. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 18N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N161W TO 08N168W TO 11N178W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.