Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 03:51:16 -0600

438 
FZPN01 KWBC 240951
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI DEC 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 42N130W 997 MB MOVING E 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N128W 
TO LOW TO 30N139W. WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT FROM 39N TO 49N 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM E 
OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N126W 999 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT 
FROM 48N126W TO LOW TO 30N130W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 34N E OF 124W NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

...GALE WARNING 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 48N138W 983 MB MOVING NW 10 
KT. FROM 33N TO 58N BETWEEN 143W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. ALSO FROM 38N TO 58N BETWEEN 131W AND 143W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT...EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 52N140W 984 
MB. WITHIN 480 NM E AND NE OF A LINE FROM 41N152W TO 60N178W... 
AND WITHIN 420 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 59N BETWEEN 130W AND 153W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 52N142W 984 
MB. FROM 35N TO 46N BETWEEN 125W AND 147W...WITHIN 480 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 39N149W TO 60N178W...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT N OF 51N 
9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 44N163E 983 MB MOVING NW 35 KT. WITHIN 660 E AND N OF A 
LINE FROM 46N160E TO 42N175E TO 30N176W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 46N W OF 174E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL W OF AREA. WITHIN 480 NM NE AND E OF 
A LINE FROM 52N165E TO 44N178W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 
FT. ALSO W OF THE LINE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 13 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 360 NM NE AND E OF A LINE FROM 53N167E 
TO 46N178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N173W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A 
LINE FROM 44N178W TO 30N165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 37N165W 1001 
MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND E OF A LINE FROM 41N175W TO 30N154W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N175E 1001 MB. FROM 30N TO 47N 
BETWEEN 178E AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N174W 1000 MB. FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 
175W AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 42N158E 997 MB. FROM 34N TO 
43N W OF 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 48N154E 993 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 840 NM SE AND 420 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 62N W OF 165W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 56N154W TO 57N164W TO 61N177W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF A LINE 
FROM 56N155W TO 55N166W TO 60N179W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 64N167W 1013 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 540 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT...EXCEPT WHERE 
NOTED ABOVE IN WARNINGS SECTION. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
52N140W DESCRIBED ABOVE IN WARNINGS SECTION. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 34N176W TO 41N176E AND FROM 41N TO 48N W OF 176E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
46N169E TO 36N174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 47N BETWEEN 169E AND 
161E. 

.HIGH 49N170W 1034 MB MOVING SE 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N154W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 32N122W 1023 MB DRIFTING SE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N120W 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N165E 1017 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N170E 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI DEC 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 26.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 28N W OF 132W  S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 07W W OF 115W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 25N140W.  W OF 
FRONT  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 9 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.  N OF 26N  
E OF FRONT TO 125W  S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
IN SW SWELL.  FROM 07N TO 20N W OF 115W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  FROM 20N TO 25N BETWEEN 112W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT FROM 30N122W TO 19N131W.  N OF 27N 
WITHIN 90 NM W OF FRONT  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.  ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 
16 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 30N140W.  N OF 29N WITHIN 60 NM 
E OF FRONT  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.  FROM 07N TO 14N W OF 
115W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.  

.S OF 07N W OF 125W  E TO SE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.   
ELSEWHERE S OF 10N W OF 122W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 
FT IN SE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  S OF 07S W OF 129W  E TO SE WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  S OF 07N W OF 135W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 8 FT IN SE SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 24N TO 28N  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 24N  NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LITTLE CHANGE.
.42 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 15N FROM 94W TO 96W  N WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 14N FROM 94W TO 96W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO 06 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 12N  NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI DEC 24...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS ALONG 03N78W TO 07N104W TO 
06N120W TO 09N134W TO 09N140W. TROUGH WITHIN ITCZ FROM 10N100W 
TO 06N102W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS W OF 131W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.