Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 04:34:05 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 241030
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/241030Z-250600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 15.1S 149.7E,
APPROXIMATELY 200 NM EAST-NORTHEAST OF CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA. A
SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MODERATE TO DEEP CONVECTION CONTINUES TO FLARE
ABOUT A WEAK LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) OFF THE COAST OF
QUEENSLAND. A 240753Z SSMIS MICROWAVE IMAGE SHOWS PRIMITIVE BANDING
FEEDING INTO AN EASILY IDENTIFIABLE LLCC. AUSTRALIAN RADAR IMAGERY
SHOWS AN AREA OF TURNING OUTLINED BY MODERATE THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY
SOMEWHERE BETWEEN BOUGAINVILLE AND HOLMES REEF. HOWEVER,
OBSERVATIONS FROM THESE SITES DO NOT SUPPORT A WELL-DEFINED
CIRCULATION DUE TO A LACK OF SURFACE WESTERLIES. SEA LEVEL PRESSURE
HAS ALSO FALLEN 3 TO 6 MB IN THE REGION OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS AND
HAS STEADIED NEAR 1000 MB. UPPER LEVEL CONDITIONS ARE CONDUCIVE FOR
CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT WITH LOW VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND IMPROVING
POLEWARD OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT
20 TO 25 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR
1001 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED THE AREA IN PARA 2.B.(1) AS
FAIR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.