Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 04:45:19 -0600

916 
FZPN40 PHFO 241045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI DEC 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 28N151W TO 30N166W. FRONT E OF 147W MOVING 
SE 20 KT. REST OF FRONT MOVING S 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 24N156W TO 
22N146W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM N OF FRONT W OF 148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. ASSOCIATED WINDS DECREASED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 24N179W TO 18N174E TO 13N162E THENCE TROUGH 
TO 11N160E. FRONT N OF 23N MOVING E 20 KT. REST OF FRONT MOVING 
SE SLOWLY. TROUGH NEARLY STATIONARY. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG 
TSTMS BETWEEN FRONT AND 170W N OF 20N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
ELSEWHERE FROM 14N TO 20N BETWEEN 176W AND FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 21N176W TO 14N162E. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 27N164W TO 20N170W.

.FRONT FROM 30N164E TO 25N160E MOVING E 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
NW OF A LINE FROM 30N167E TO 24N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN 169E AND FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 23N168E TO 20N160E. 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 176E AND 172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 23N178W TO 21N170E. 
N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 24N BETWEEN FRONT AND 174E.

.TROUGH FROM 25N155W TO 21N157W TO 16N157W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 15N TO 21N BETWEEN 150W AND 155W...
AND FROM 25N TO 27N BETWEEN 151W AND 155W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N140W TO 22N146W TO 24N150E MOVING E SLOWLY AND
ERODING FROM THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 28N167W TO 20N173W TO 16N178E MOVING SE SLOWLY AND 
ERODING FROM THE SW.

.RIDGE FROM 10N160E TO 21N169E TO 20N173E MOVING NE 15 KT AND 
WEAKENING FROM THE W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N171W TO 17N177W TO 13N173E TO 
13N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 29N E OF 166W...S OF 07N BETWEEN 158W 
AND 150W...AND S OF 20N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
23N147W TO 29N179E TO 21N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 13N E OF 146W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 14 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 
16N151W TO 27N179W TO 15N160W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 06N E OF 155W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 11N BETWEEN 170E AND 161E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N173W TO 12N179W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 05N TO 13N E OF 179E.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.