Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:20:56 -0600

053 
ATPQ40 PGUM 241520
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SAT DEC 25 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NORTH OF WAKE ISLAND AT 
25N168E TO SOUTH OF MINAMI TORISHIMA AT 20N156E...THEN CONTINUES AS 
A SHEAR LINE TO ANATAHAN AT 16N146E AND FINALLY TO BEYOND 130E AT 
14N. CLOUDINESS AND AREAS OF LIGHT RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 
170 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD FRONT. PATCHY CLOUDS AND WIDELY 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE SEEN ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES NORTH OF THE 
SHEAR LINE.

A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH REACHES SOUTHEASTWARD FROM MINDANAO THROUGH 
4N130E TO END AT EQ142E. WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT SOUTH OF KOROR AND YAP...OR SOUTH OF A 
LINE FROM 5N130E TO 4N136E TO 2N143E.

A SURFACE TROUGH RUNS NORTHEASTWARD FROM 3N157E TO 17N173E. WIDELY 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE OCCURRING BETWEEN POHNPEI AND KOSRAE IN THE 
VICINITY OF THE TROUGH AXIS WITHIN 75 MILES OF A LINE FROM 3N156E TO 
10N163E TO 10N167E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHWARD FROM 7N178E TO 15N180. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE PRESENT NEAR THE DATE 
LINE EAST OF A LINE FROM 7N175E TO 15N179E.

$$

CHAN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.