Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:55:48 -0600

357 
FZPN01 KWBC 241555
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI DEC 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 53N137W 984 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT EXTENDING 
FROM 49N128W TO 35N131W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT AND WITHIN 480 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 55N160W TO 43N146W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 43N150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N138W 985 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 180 NM E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 47N129W 
TO 30N127W...WITHIN 360 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 55N160W TO 
48N154W AND WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 48N154W TO 
43N148W TO 40N140W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 56N148W 986 MB 
AND SECONDARY NEW LOW 47N134W 988 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE...300 NM 
NW AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS MAIN LOW AND WITHIN 660 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE SECONDARY LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 
FT...HIGHEST S OF SECONDARY LOW.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 46N156E 979 MB MOVING N 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
46N160E TO 42N177E TO 30N174W. WITHIN 720 NM N OF THE FRONT W OF 
180W AND WITHIN 480 NM N AND NE OF THE FRONT E OF 180W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. WITHIN 360 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N166E TO 42N175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 360 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 53N166E TO 
45N178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 36N168E 996 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
30N TO 44N W OF 172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N178E 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A 
LINE FROM 47N168E TO 32N175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N170W 1001 MB. WITHIN 540 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
19 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS NE OF A LINE FROM 50N180W TO 
53N169W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT WITH NW TO N 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA 43N159E 997 MB. WITHIN 540 
NM SE AND 300 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N160E 998 MB. WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 54N W OF 157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE OF A LINE 
FROM 58N177E TO 53N158W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N165W 1003 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 42N175W TO 30N162W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N138W 1001 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM N AND 
NE OF A LINE FROM 44N160E TO 41N179E TO 35N177W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
43N174E TO 38N173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 47N BETWEEN 170E AND 
165E. 

.HIGH 46N166W 1033 MB MOVING SE 50 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N148W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 30N119W 1022 MB DRIFTING SE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 31N167E 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N170E 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI DEC 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 26.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 14N95W. N WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N94W TO 15N95W TO 12N98W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 87W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 25N TO 30N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 
8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N136W TO 28N140W. N OF 27N E OF FRONT TO 125W 
S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT. W OF FRONT NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST 30N126W TO 26N132W TO 23N140W. N OF 24N WITHIN 
90 NM W OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. E OF 
FRONT TO 136W NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N117W TO 
25N122W. W OF FRONT TO 120W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE 
W OF LINE FROM 30N117W TO 25N122W TO 17N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.

.N OF 22N E OF 116W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 07N E OF 115W AND SW OF LINE FROM 30N120W TO 
20N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 14N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 17N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.S OF 07N W OF 130W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY 
SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 125W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI DEC 24...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS ALONG 02N79W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 07N105W TO 10N135W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 131W TO 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.