Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 10:45:19 -0600

959 
FZPN40 PHFO 241645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC FRI DEC 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 27N148W TO 30N169W. FRONT E OF 155W MOVING 
SE 20 KT AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 
FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 25N BETWEEN 167W AND 171W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 26N160W TO 22N148W. WINDS
20 TO 25 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN FRONT AND 156W.
.49 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA. ASSOCIATED WINDS 
MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.

.FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 25N176W TO 19N179E TO 12N163E THENCE TROUGH 
TO 09N160E. FRONT N OF 20N MOVING E 20 KT AND NEARLY STATIONARY 
AND WEAKENING ELSEWHERE. TROUGH NEARLY STATIONARY. S TO SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 20N. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 20N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
ELSEWHERE FROM 15N TO 20N BETWEEN 175W AND FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 20N173W. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 27N164W TO 21N174W. S WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 145W AND 155W.

.FRONT FROM 30N168E TO 23N160E MOVING E 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
N OF 25N BETWEEN 170E AND 162E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 
175E AND FRONT N OF 26N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179E TO 25N174E TO 23N169E. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 22N179W. N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 24N BETWEEN FRONT AND 176E.

.TROUGH FROM 25N153W TO 23N156W TO 14N159W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 15N TO 21N BETWEEN 148W AND 154W.

.TROUGH FROM 16N179W TO 12N179E TO 09N178E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 22N176E 1013MB MOVING ENE 15 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 19N160E 
MOVING N SLOWLY AND ERODING FROM THE W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 26N168W TO 22N171W TO 20N176W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
WEAKENING.

.RIDGE FROM 22N140W TO 22N144W TO 24N150W MOVING SE 10 KT AND 
WEAKENING FROM THE W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 14 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 23N160E. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT N OF 17N BETWEEN 173W AND 174E...AND N OF 28N W OF 168W. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF 17N E OF 149W...AND S OF 06N BETWEEN 150W AND 
157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 
25N152W TO 26N159W TO 30N164W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF LINES 
FROM 23N140W TO 22N154W TO 30N178E...AND FROM 30N176E TO 19N160E.
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 00N144W TO 12N150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 09N140W TO 
11N152W TO 19N157W TO 18N163W TO 26N175W TO 14N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
S OF 05N E OF 155W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 10N168E TO 
07N161E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N177W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 07N TO 
11N E OF 177W.

$$

.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.