Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:28:34 -0600

597 
ATHW40 PHFO 241828
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI DEC 24 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 24 2010

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH NEAR THE BIG ISLAND IS PRODUCING BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING CUMULUS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
EAST AND SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXTEND AS FAR 
EAST AS 145W AND SPAN FROM 14N TO 20N. THE TROUGH AND ASSOCIATED 
CLOUDS HAVE BEEN MOVING SLOWLY EAST OVER THE PAST 6 HOURS. 

NORTHEAST AND NORTH OF THE ISLANDS...A 250-MILE WIDE CLOUDBAND 
ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK COLD FRONT IS CENTERED OVER 30N 140W...26N 
150W...AND 28N 160W. THE BAND IS MADE UP OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
STRATOCUMULUS AND CUMULUS CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS. 

NORTHWEST AND WEST OF THE STATE...A STRONG COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
NNE TO SSW CENTERED FROM 30N 171W TO 18N 178W. THE CLOUD BAND 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT AVERAGES ABOUT 300 MILES ACROSS AND IS 
MADE UP OF LAYERED CLOUDS UP TO 35 THOUSAND FEET WITH EMBEDDED 
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS UP TO 50 THOUSAND FEET. THE FRONT 
IS MOVING 15 MPH TOWARD THE EAST. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...SKIES ARE CLEAR THIS MORNING WITH THE EXCEPTION 
OF THE WINDWARD AND SE COASTS OF THE BIG ISLAND WHERE SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS PREVAIL. LAND BREEZES OVERNIGHT HAVE CLEARED SKIES 
THROUGHOUT THE REST OF THE ALOHA STATE. OVER THE COASTAL 
WATERS...ENHANCED SHOWERS CAN BE SEEN NEAR THE BIG ISLAND AND OVER 
THE KAUAI CHANNEL. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.