Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 15:47:27 -0600

923 
FZPN01 KWBC 242147
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI DEC 24 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 24. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 25. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 26. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 54N139W 986 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF A FRONT EXTENDING 
FROM 48N126W TO 37N129W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT FROM 37N129W TO 
30N134W...WITHIN 360 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 55N160W TO 
50N152W AND WITHIN 480 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 50N152W TO 
40N141W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
43N149W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N139W 981 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE...WITHIN 180 NM E OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 42N125W 
TO 30N125W AND WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 55N161W 
TO 45N150W TO 41N135W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 56N150W 984 MB 
AND SECONDARY NEW LOW 50N134W 989 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW AND 720 
NM SW QUADRANTS MAIN LOW AND WITHIN 720 NM SE AND 540 NM SW 
QUADRANTS SECONDARY LOW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT...HIGHEST S OF SECONDARY LOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW WELL W OF AREA. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 49N160E TO 44N178E TO 
30N171W. WITHIN 720 NM N OF THE FRONT W OF 180W AND WITHIN 480 
NM N AND NE OF THE FRONT E OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 17 TO 
26 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. WITHIN 420 NM NE OF 
A LINE FROM 53N167E TO 41N171W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS MERGED WITH LOW 50N161E DESCRIBED 
BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N170E 996 MB MOVING N 25 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
30N TO 46N W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N171E 1001 MB AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
IN GALE WARNING SECTION ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS NE OF A LINE FROM 59N180W TO 
53N171W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT WITH NW TO N 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N160E 997 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM NE...480 NM E AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N161E 997 MB. WITHIN 720 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N177W 1003 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW AND 
540 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N170W 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY 
N OF 54N W OF 159W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE OF A LINE 
FROM 57N175E TO 52N160W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N165W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A 
LINE FROM 41N171W TO 30N160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N148W 1003 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM LOW CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 420 NM SE 
QUADRANT...WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 300 NM N AND 
NE OF A LINE FROM 46N163E TO 36N177W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE.

.HIGH 43N163W 1029 MB MOVING SE 45 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 30N120W 1023 MB DRIFTING S. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N170E 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI DEC 24.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 25.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 26.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 14N95W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N95W TO 13N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 15N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 15N95W TO 13N897W TO 11N100W N TO NE WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W INCLUDING GULF OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 87W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA FROM 23N TO 28N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N135W TO 27N140W. N OF 26N E OF FRONT TO 128W 
S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. W OF FRONT NW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N124W TO 26N128W TO 21N140W. 
N OF 26N WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. NW OF FRONT TO 132W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N117W TO 
24N121W. W OF LINE FROM 30N117W TO 16N131W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 07N TO 22N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 16N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 07N TO 16N W OF 120W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.S OF 07N W OF 130W SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY 
SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 07N W OF 125W E TO SE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI DEC 24...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...05N77W TO 04N95W TO 08N118W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 131W AND 
136W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.