Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 16:45:20 -0600

454 
FZPN40 PHFO 242245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI DEC 24 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 24 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 25 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 26 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 25N148W TO 27N160W TO 30N166W. FRONT E OF 
145W MOVING ESE 20 KT...NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT W OF 140W DISSIPATED. REST OF FRONT MOVED E 
OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N170W TO 20N175W TO 13N171E. FRONT N OF 25N MOVING E 
20 KT...NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING ELSEWHERE. S TO SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM OF FRONT N OF 17N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 24N170W TO 22N175W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 27N160W TO 
26N165W TO 21N175W. S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 145W AND 
151W.

.FRONT FROM 30N172E TO 23N163E TO 21N160E. FRONT N OF 23N MOVING E 
25 KT...NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 165E AND 172E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N179W TO 25N175E TO 23N168E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN FRONT AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 26N173W 22N178W. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN FRONT AND 177E.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 22N156W TO 20N156W TO 18N158W TO 14N159W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. 

.TROUGH FROM 15N180E TO 12N179E TO 08N177E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 22N179E 1013 MB MOVING ENE 15 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 21N164E.
HIGH AND RIDGE DISSIPATING BY 24 HOURS. 

.RIDGE FROM 21N140W TO 22N146W TO 24N150W MOVING E 20 KT AND 
WEAKENING FROM THE W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 FT N OF 28N E OF 152W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 27N E 
OF 166W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 24N160E. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT N OF 24N BETWEEN 172W AND 180E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT FROM 07N 
TO 13N E OF 149W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 25N E OF 160W. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF 23N E OF 174W. SEAS 11 TO 12 FT N OF 28N W OF 
169E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 22N W OF 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 11 TO 12 FT N OF 20N E OF 144W...AND N OF 
26N BETWEEN 173E AND 177W. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 14N E OF 
157W...AND NW OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 14N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N150W TO 08N162W TO 08N170W TO 08N174W.
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 100 NM OF ITCZ W OF 150W.

$$
.HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.