Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 18:30:24 -0600

777 
ATHW40 PHFO 250030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT DEC 25 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 25 2010

A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH NEAR THE BIG ISLAND IS PRODUCING BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING CUMULUS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXTEND SOUTH FROM SOUTH 
POINT TO 15N. THE TROUGH CONTINUES TO MOVE SLOWLY EAST. 

NORTHEAST AND NORTH OF THE ISLANDS...A 250-MILE WIDE CLOUDBAND 
ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK COLD FRONT IS CENTERED OVER 26N 140W...25N 
150W...AND 28N 160W. THE BAND IS MADE UP OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
STRATOCUMULUS AND CUMULUS CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS. 

NORTHWEST AND WEST OF THE STATE...A STRONG COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
NNE TO SSW CENTERED FROM 30N 167W TO 18N 176W. THE CLOUD BAND 
ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT AVERAGES ABOUT 300 MILES ACROSS NEAR 30N 
AND 100 MILES ACROSS NEAR 20N. THE BAND IS MADE UP OF LAYERED CLOUDS 
UP TO 35 THOUSAND FEET WITH EMBEDDED SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITH 
TOPS UP TO 50 THOUSAND FEET. THE FRONT IS MOVING 15 MPH TOWARD THE 
EAST. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...SKIES HAVE CLOUDED UP SINCE THIS MORNING WITH 
THE ADVENT OF WIDESPREAD SEA BREEZES ACROSS THE STATE. ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS HAVE FORMED UPSLOPE OF HILO WITH CLOUD TOPS REACHING 
40 THOUSAND FEET. TOWERING CUMULUS HAVE FORMED OVER AREAS OF THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS WITH CLOUD TOPS RANGING FROM 20 TO 30 THOUSAND 
FEET. AREAS REMAINING WITH MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES ARE THE S AND SW COAST 
OF KAUAI AND OAHU...AND THE CENTRAL VALLEY OF MAUI. OTHER ISLAND 
LOCATIONS ARE MOSTLY CLOUDY.

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.